SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

THE Tartan Thread is Now Available Elsewhere

4K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
I am advised that the deleted Tartan/Novis/C&C thread has been recovered and is now available for download as a Word document for all those who wish to review it and make up their own minds about things.
There are two versions available:

1. The complete thread.
http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=27&d=1228953173

2. The edited thread with all repetitive and off subject posts removed for less reading time and easier understanding.
http://www.transasianaxis.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=28&d=1228953196

If these direct links do not work for you, you may need to go to this thread after completing a brief registration process.

Prospective New/Recent Tartan Buyers Note - Trans-Asian Axis

As this post may be deleted at any time, I would urge those with interest to act quickly and to preserve copies of the links elsewhere.

See less See more
#5 ·
I am advised that the deleted Tartan/Novis/C&C thread has been recovered and is now available for download as a Word document ...
What in God's name would inspire somebody to take something that was in an open, non-proprietary, easily-archived, easily-searched, easily-indexed format that could be viewed by any common web browser and put it in a format that is none of those things? :rolleyes:

I would have put references to the URL on my web sites had the content been re-posted in HTML or text. Enough people do that and the key words in it would have caused it to eventually bubble to the top of Google and other search engine pages.

Too bad.

Jim

#8 ·
What in God's name would inspire somebody to take something that was in an open, non-proprietary, easily-archived, easily-searched, easily-indexed format that could be viewed by any common web browser and put it in a format that is none of those things? :rolleyes:
Funny you should ask.

I wonder, have you tried searching here for the "missing" files?

You'll find the links are really missing now.

And a document can be downloaded by many.

#7 ·
Jim...my understanding is that a word document can easily be converted to html and that those with space to host it and unafraid of the consequences or perhaps living outside of the USA could host it as you describe.
Remember that this thread was unavailable as a thread and had to be re constructed from several hundred google cache links.

#9 ·
Tartan should have researched the Streisand Effect before bullying Sailnet. :D

#14 ·
Basically as the Wikipedia article and PDP said... Barbra didn't like having a photo of her house published...so she sued to get it removed... which raised a whole lot of interest in the photo and ended up with lots of copies of it floating around the internet... There are often times when just letting something slide makes much more sense than pursuing it... :)

Furthermore, if there seems to be any sort of "cover-up", and the company is acting as a bully, that pretty much guarantees the Streisand Effect kicking into high gear... The two things the internet seems to hate most are cover-ups and corporate bullies....

#19 ·
Bene-

I like the new signature... even if you do sail a bendytoy... :)

#25 ·
That is way out of line, and I demand that this post be deleted. If you can't comment about boats that crack in half and sink, you certainly cannot comment about boats that merely bend. Further, if you fail to accord proper respect to those who sail superior, if oddly designed, French boats, then I'll be forced to, to ... I'm not sure yet, but I'll be forced to do something! And you won't like it a bit! :p

#21 ·
Jim...my understanding is that a word document can easily be converted to html and that those with space to host it and unafraid of the consequences or perhaps living outside of the USA could host it as you describe.
I have often wondered how long it would take to get something to go truly "viral". Perhaps this could be a good test. If I email it to 50 contacts and they were then to email it to 50 contacts....

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.