Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2008
Censored4 your protection

Cope44 is on a distinguished road
No way, Pain sent me a PM of his boat it's right here.
No out drive, No sir! Nothing but the best for him. He demands rotary.
PS Turn the volume up.
CM 21 #291

I fight to refuse a battle of wits against a one armed man.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-23-2008
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope44 View Post
PS Turn the volume up.
Ok, I wanna see the moron actually dumb enough to hook up to that ski tow.

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Meet me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--
Old 12-24-2008
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
In defense of painzapper I believe that he did post a pic or two of some 'old shoes' that were highly regarded. You also haz to admit hiz sense uv humor is pretty funny if a bit out there, he wreck-o-mended this site afterall: Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
In agreement with DemiJim it is often quite difficult to tell when people are trying to be merely funny, sarcastic, hostile or insulting from mere printed words - the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you never know what drugs the writer was on when they wrote it (the spelling and grammar are indications though not conclusive as not everyone passed grade school and still remember how to spell or even what grammar iz).
In acknowledgment of SailingDog, someone has to get the new users to read the link in his signature and it might as well be him. Since he is not a moderator (although I bet they thought about him before choosing John Pollard) he has to chip us all down with his amazing amount of posts on this forum. Onward and upward to 40,000 Dog! You da' man from Bahston tellin' it straight up! Word Dog!
In recognition of Ramraderie's (Cam, that is) moderating career, I nominate him for Moderator or the Year Award. He did such a good job that he had to resign from a job with no pay and only a few rewards (if any). We are only lucky that he is still posting here in his forthright manner to share his insights. I further recommend that the prize for Moderator of the Year be an RV flat tire repair kit.
In order to give proper credit to KroozingDad-at-the-dock (aka; moderator CD) I have to admit that the number of jokes about boat mounted grills has dropped a little recently. I wonder if this is because he has finally heard that actual charcoal grilling tastes better then propane (except perhaps when on a sailboat where it really is pretty dangerous). On a dietary note, have you ever heard of arrugula or even thought of feeding that to yourself and your kids instead of bologna (you can always add cheese and beer and even use your boat away from the dock sometimes).
In order to appreciate Giulietta's (Alex's) contributions you would probably need an animal psychologist to interpret all of the bleatings he has uttered. The astounding thing seems to be that he understands sailing quite well in spite of the cultural differences that sometimes surround his seeming disdain for guitar playing sailors (apparently he brings along a squeeze box or accordian - no photos exist yet to prove this though).
One final note that should be unambiguous to all goes out to Bubb2 who lost his daughter Courtney this year. No jokes or innuendos here; just our mutual sympathy and respects.
Do not worry if YOU were not named specifically in this end-of-year rant as I know who you are too. There are too many of you to mention specifically but you know who you are (the LI group of sailnetters, Vlad the CrazyRu, DavidPM etc).
Sailnet has been both an amusement and a resource for me this past year and I thank each and every one who has participated. I hope to continue increasing my sphere of meeting other sailors here if I have not already alienated everyone else! If I haven't, there is always next year and I will keep trying.
I wish you all the best over our holidays with you and your families and boats.
(I forgot to congratulate John Pollard or bemoan the death of Robert Gainer but hey, it's been done and I will need some material for January.)
Edit to add: Moderation be damned except while sailing.

Everybody has one:

Last edited by CalebD; 12-24-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: addition
Old 12-24-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Chuck—

He probably wets his bottom all the time... that's what Depends are for...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
Been banned, got the t-shirt.

PainKiller, you my friend are a wuss who just can't grow a mustache.

I'm betting you are a power-boater that has never had his bottom wetted.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-24-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Baaaaaaa Humbug

I hope this isn't going to be a permanent sticky. This post, not the sheep jokes you moron.
Old 12-24-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
In defense of painzapper I believe that he did post a pic or two of some 'old shoes' that were highly regarded. You also haz to admit hiz sense uv humor is pretty funny if a bit out there, he wreck-o-mended this site afterall: Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
In agreement with DemiJim it is often quite difficult to tell when people are trying to be merely funny, sarcastic, hostile or insulting from mere printed words - the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you never know what drugs the writer was on when they wrote it (the spelling and grammar are indications though not conclusive as not everyone passed grade school and still remember how to spell or even what grammar iz).
In acknowledgment of SailingDog, someone has to get the new users to read the link in his signature and it might as well be him. Since he is not a moderator (although I bet they thought about him before choosing John Pollard) he has to chip us all down with his amazing amount of posts on this forum. Onward and upward to 40,000 Dog! You da' man from Bahston tellin' it straight up! Word Dog!
In recognition of Ramraderie's (Cam, that is) moderating career, I nominate him for Moderator or the Year Award. He did such a good job that he had to resign from a job with no pay and only a few rewards (if any). We are only lucky that he is still posting here in his forthright manner to share his insights. I further recommend that the prize for Moderator of the Year be an RV flat tire repair kit.
In order to give proper credit to KroozingDad-at-the-dock (aka; moderator CD) I have to admit that the number of jokes about boat mounted grills has dropped a little recently. I wonder if this is because he has finally heard that actual charcoal grilling tastes better then propane (except perhaps when on a sailboat where it really is pretty dangerous). On a dietary note, have you ever heard of arrugula or even thought of feeding that to yourself and your kids instead of bologna (you can always add cheese and beer and even use your boat away from the dock sometimes).
In order to appreciate Giulietta's (Alex's) contributions you would probably need an animal psychologist to interpret all of the bleatings he has uttered. The astounding thing seems to be that he understands sailing quite well in spite of the cultural differences that sometimes surround his seeming disdain for guitar playing sailors (apparently he brings along a squeeze box or accordian - no photos exist yet to prove this though).
One final note that should be unambiguous to all goes out to Bubb2 who lost his daughter Courtney this year. No jokes or innuendos here; just our mutual sympathy and respects.
Do not worry if YOU were not named specifically in this end-of-year rant as I know who you are too. There are too many of you to mention specifically but you know who you are (the LI group of sailnetters, Vlad the CrazyRu, DavidPM etc).
Sailnet has been both an amusement and a resource for me this past year and I thank each and every one who has participated. I hope to continue increasing my sphere of meeting other sailors here if I have not already alienated everyone else! If I haven't, there is always next year and I will keep trying.
I wish you all the best over our holidays with you and your families and boats.
(I forgot to congratulate John Pollard or bemoan the death of Robert Gainer but hey, it's been done and I will need some material for January.)
Edit to add: Moderation be damned except while sailing.
Yep - give Cam the best moderator of the year. He has indeed been very helpful and knowledgeable. But in full disclosure (at his age), I would expect him to be a great source of information as he has seen it all first hand. I keep pressing him for how fast the Tyran Rex really can run, but he seems to be saving the best for last.

Regarding the grilling, yes - they have slowed down. You see, some men live very sheltered lives. It takes them a while to realize that a man (and in particular a sailor) is not judeged upon how fast his boat goes, nor how many races he wins, or how he sails for that matter. It is his ability to grill by which he is judged in life and happiness. SO they all send me private mesages asking me questions... emails before the parties... telephone calls during the emergencies. They know that if they make fun of me anymore, I will expose them for the sailors they are: apprentices under my tutelage. I am not going to mention anyone by name (like Alex for instance), as this would embarrass them. Better that the world not know Sway and Cam and many others are an understudy.

SO that is the whole story, and nothing but the truth. Anyone who does not believe me will be severaly punished - drafted for one full week as a moderator of sailnet. Extreme punishment I know, but all we can do to keep the inmates in line!!

HEHE!

Again, everyone have a very Merry Christmas. Spend time with your families and friends. Toast the sunset. Hug the kids. Enjoy the moment. Because THAT is what it really is all about!

All the best,

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 12-24-2008
Apropos of Nothing

painkiller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
Painzapper?? You're not supposed to use my proper name, CalebD! I'm trying to keep a low profile around here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope44 View Post

Heh heh. Hey, come on by anytime for a ride. I have one rule: Guests pay the bar tab or the fuel bill, whichever is higher (with that boat, it could be close either way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Chuck—

He probably wets his bottom all the time... that's what Depends are for...
Have you seen my boat from Cope's post? How could you NOT wet yourself driving that thing?? And c'mon, be fair. If you're going to join in the fun, you have to take me off your ignore list. It IS Christmas after all.
Old 12-24-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Everyone,

Santa Clause does not know Sailnet.
Brian
This is so sad.

I had to find out like this!?!?!? The Autopilot isn't coming? What the hell? I wrote a letter and everything.

S'cuse me. I need to cry.

I love
Old 12-25-2008

Davidrogerson is an unknown quantity at this point
I have found Sailnet to be one of the most temperate sites i have been on however unfortunately like every forum site on the web it has it's Web warriors those brave folk who are extremely opinionated but in real life are generally very quite. Oh wait i think i'm talking about myself
Old 12-26-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
davidr should be banned!!! temperate...how dare you call us that