Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Smile The Holidays and Moderation

Everyone,

The holidays are on us again!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone. I hope you have gotten all your shopping done by this time. I also hope that you will each have the chance to visit family and friends and have a wonderful (and safe) holiday(s).

The Moderators will be present here some... but please understand that we have family and friends too. I also have kids, as does John Pollard. Santa Clause does not know Sailnet. As such, our time here will be very limited. If you have an issue or there is Spam... try to be patient with us until we can get to it. Drop us a PM as always or press the report post. We will get around to it sooner or later.

I would also like to ask a favor of you: PLEASE SHOW RESTRAINT TOWARD EACH OTHER. If I am forced to leave family and friends to get on Sailnet so that I can settle a personal dispute between two members, I WILL BE VERY ANGRY. I cannot emphasize that enough. I am not going to put up with any of that junk over the holidays. SO READ VERY CAREFULLY:

IF I HAVE TO COME UP HERE TO SETTLE A DISPUTE, OR JOHN OR THE ADMIN OR JEFF DOES, WE WILL BAN FIRST AND WORK IT OUT LATER. WE WILL REVIEW THE MERITS AT OR AFTER JANUARY 5TH, 2009. FURTHER ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED AT THAT TIME, OR WE MAY LIFT THE BAN. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO WORK IT OUT UNTIL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS. I EXPECT NO LESS FROM JOHN OR JEFF OR THE ADMIN.

I hope that is crystal clear. I am not trying to sound like a jerk... honest. But I have to manage my life, my family, my business and Sailnet to make it a success for me and for everyone. The same goes for the rest of the mods and the Admin.

So for the next two weeks, until January 5th, 2009, I ask that you all take a deep breath before pressing SUBMIT. Because if you cannot take a deep breath and try to be thoughtful, I do not think we should have to either. Thus, as of the posting of this thread, the clock begins.

Now enough of that. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. May the holidays bring each of you peace, friendship, and joy. From myself and my family - we wish you the very, very best.

Sincerely,

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 12-22-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-22-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Skew dat, I'm here ot pratie and rdink sum Rum, and I'l poke ot the eye o im that duks wit me.
Old 12-22-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Can I re-post the tartan thread while you're gone?
Merry Christmas to you and the family!
Old 12-22-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Bite Me, CD!

There won't be any trouble....everybody saves the trouble for those rare times when you're on-line instead of in line at the IHOP! Are we having the blueberry blintzes again this Yuletide? (g)
Old 12-22-2008
ancient mariner

captbillc is on a distinguished road
some people on this net seem to get pissed off easy. i don't believe it helps anything to attack someone, even if you do not agree with what they have posted. i believe in live & let live. moderation is the key. with that said, merry christmas or happy holidays to all !
Old 12-22-2008

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Brian, John and Jeff,

Merry Christmas and enjoy your families.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 12-22-2008

johnshasteen is on a distinguished road
Have a safe holiday and remember: If you drink, don't drive; but if you drive, don't forget your car.
s/v Paloma, Bristol 29.9, #141
Slipped in Bahia Marina, easy access to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 12-23-2008

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by captbillc View Post
some people on this net seem to get pissed off easy.
That's life. The 'net is merely a reflection of Real Life, exaggerated. Think of it kind of like a party--with more than its fair share of people that've had more to drink than is perhaps wise .

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbillc View Post
i don't believe it helps anything to attack someone, ...
Ah, there's the rub. An "attack" is in the eye of the beholder. Somebody says something, not meaning it to be an attack. Somebody else takes it as an attack and counter-attacks. Next thing you know: Flame war!

This has been going on since long before web forums like this one existed, and will probably go on as long as there's an Internet (or its successor). It's a large part of the reason moderators are needed. You "Internet youngins" got it easy. Y'all got nannies, now. Back in the day all we had was Usenet News. Text-only. No moderation. No editin' of articles. Once it was out there, it was out there an' no callin' it back. Why, I recall fightin' many a righteous flame war by the light of the dyin' fire in the fireplace, with the snow drifted up to the eves and the icy wind whistlin' between the logs--where da's chinkin' wasn't quite perfect, waiting sometimes a whole day for my opponent's reply to arrive via the old UUCP network...

Merry Christmas to all!

Jim
Old 12-23-2008
Apropos of Nothing

painkiller will become famous soon enough
Woo hoo!! Free-for-all!!! I'm creating, like, 10 alter-ego accounts. And I'm going to use them all to make fun of Chuckles' mustache!!

Old 12-23-2008
Anything-Sailing Founder

ckgreenman will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ckgreenman Send a message via MSN to ckgreenman Send a message via Yahoo to ckgreenman
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller View Post
Woo hoo!! Free-for-all!!! I'm creating, like, 10 alter-ego accounts. And I'm going to use them all to make fun of Chuckles' mustache!!

tsk tsk tsk. Some people never learn. You can't go bragging about creating alter egos. Keep it quiet so nobody finds out

S/V "The Jade Dragon"
1975 O'Day 25

Meet me at

Ignore Power = Currently Rebuilding
--