Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2008

Jim H is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWaterMD View Post
While not sailing related, I the g/f got a sparkling new engagement ring!!! She definitely deserved it after buying a boat with me last month. I figure any girl that will buy you a boat is definitely a keeper. It was a VERY good Christmas!
If I'm reading that correctly, congratulations! That does sound like an amazing Christmas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aurora, a mighty Cal 20 (Portland, OR)
Southern Rival, a seasoned Rival 34 (Gosport, UK)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-25-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
That was very generous of her... Does it come with a warranty??
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRiver View Post
13 year old daughter gave us a coupon good for "One week on the boat, whine-free."

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-25-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
I rec'd a new blindingly white 110% yankee-cut jib; and gave Dan a new blindingly white main!
Yay! New Crinkly Sails for Eryka!

I love
Old 12-25-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
I got:
West Marine cards
Knife that attaches to my PFD (want to by a chute next year)
3 Years of Sailing Mag

Got Dad
Handheld VHF
Knife...

all that fades in comparison to... The Remote Controlled Beer Cooler

I love
Old 12-25-2008
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWaterMD View Post

While not sailing related, I the g/f got a sparkling new engagement ring!!! She definitely deserved it after buying a boat with me last month. I figure any girl that will buy you a boat is definitely a keeper. It was a VERY good Christmas!
You lucky Dog! Way to go! Congrats!

I love
Old 12-25-2008

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough
My wife gave me a couple of books on knots, Brion Toss' eye splicing DVD and, best of all, a canvas ditty bag she made herself (She included a couple of "wallets" she made for neatly stowing fids, scissors, needles, etc., and a length of double-braid, some grommets and a grommet tool so I can design a closure to my liking, using my own rope work.)

Jim
Old 12-26-2008
Leap! The net will appear

SailChick20 is on a distinguished road
Gill racing gloves, Harken lazy jacks & a new bilge pump with wiring/hose/thru-hull fittings.

"Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. "
~ Cadet Maxim
Old 12-26-2008

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
The admiral is going to let me stay in the house another month!!! Oh joyous Noel! Makes up for the lump of coal.
Old 12-26-2008
Detachable member

wchevron is on a distinguished road
My sister got me a bair of binoculars. Santa got the family a new stereo w/speakers for the boat. And I got myself everything i need to replace my electrical panel. (My wife is redecorating the living room so i knew a new elec. panel wouldn't be popping up under the tree without a little help.)
Old 12-26-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
What, the doghouse wasn't ready for you to move into??
Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post
The admiral is going to let me stay in the house another month!!! Oh joyous Noel! Makes up for the lump of coal.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.