Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009
Banned

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
My wife is bringing me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2009

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
I'm in.
Old 01-22-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
I'm in.
Old 01-22-2009
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
I'm still in.. but not in "again" so if you've counted me once...whomever is counting shouldn't really count me again, that's not to say that I shouldn't be counted...I'm just not really worthy of a double count unless.. you're trying to get an idea about beer consumption, because then I'm like 3...

oh screw it.

(btw, I'm gonna be fresh off 6 hours jet lag, so I may nap at the table...)

I'm in.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-22-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Just curious, when and where is this meet up??

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-22-2009
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
I have no idea.

You with the details SD... Always the details.!!!

I love
Old 01-22-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
SD,
The 'gathering' is for this Monday 1/26 at 6 PM at a place called Canterbury Ales in the village of Huntington on LI. It is a pretty long haul from Bean-town but you would be most welcome should you decide to make the effort. Their menu is posted at their website: Canterbury Ales
I just stopped by Canterbury Ales and spoke to the manager, Mary Ann, and cased the joint since I've never been there before. They have 2 dining areas - 1 by the bar and another farther away from the bar (slightly more formal dining area). There is seating for about 4 - 6 at the bar as well. There is room for around 20 in the area by the bar. Guess where we will be sitting? There is room for around another 30 in the outer dining area. The set up is like a traditional English pub where the riff raff hang out by the bar and the barristers eat and drink in the outer area.
I asked Mary Ann about music and while they have no stage area set up she was not upset when I suggested that someone might play a mandolin for about 10 - 15 minutes. C2 - keep in mind that it is not a huge place. You'll see it when you believe it. They used to 'do' music years ago but are more into the eating and drinking thing these days.
I told Mary Ann that we would not be more then 20 people which seems to be born out by the replies so far. We shall see.

Everybody has one:

Old 01-22-2009
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Have a drink for me... i'll be saving my dimes for a trip this August.

Old 01-22-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
I am sure we can manage that request Joel! CraigII or I will certainly accommodate you.

Everybody has one:

Old 01-22-2009

mrwuffles is on a distinguished road
Same for me......Probably wont be there after discussion with my dad.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.