Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009

vadimgo is on a distinguished road
I would love to join all you guys.

"Pick a place and time" sounds as a right approach. Since I am not "9-5" either, my constrains would be traffic (reverse for the NJ to city part, but then I would jam right into commuters' flow?
And wife's scedule (somebody would have to stay with the kid) I can not predict.

And I would eat and drink anything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2009
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimgo View Post
I would love to join all you guys.

And I would eat and drink anything.
Oh... we need to get this guy there! I'm sure I can find something on the menu at Legal Seafood that'll gross you out! heh.. kidding. Be great to have a bunch of us Sailnetters together! (Although Bubb might get sick of me...seeing me in NY and again in Chi-Town...)

Wuffler should be home from school soon.... We'll see what he says about the day and time.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2009

tweitz is on a distinguished road
I would love to join you guys, but my schedule is a little tight now. I will try to make it once you pick a time and place, but if I don't, hoist one for me.
Old 01-13-2009

mrwuffles is on a distinguished road
O.k. here's the deal. I had asked my dad a few days ago if this would be ok and he replied yes. After talking about it with him he has changed his mind and said I would not be able to do something like this due to school work and midterms are in a few weeks. I feel so bad that I can't keep organizing this and will not be able to go. Thanks for all the interest but I'm afraid this just won't work out. If another member in the area wants to organize take over I just count me out. Again I feel really bad about this but grades come first. I hope your all understanding about this and next time I'll make sure Dad is positive I will be allowed. This has nothing to do with anyone on here only my school work. If you guys do do something ya got to tell me all about it. I'm really sorry and thanks for understanding. Hopefully next time we'll be able to work something out.
Old 01-13-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
I would be happy to organize this at my boat club but I am in Westchester!

Never Forgotten

Old 01-13-2009

Go for it I had the idea now someone must take over organizing it.
Old 01-13-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Lets wait and see the comments. I don't know how many of the Long Island guys want to travel to Westchester? But we are 1/2 block away from the train.

Never Forgotten

Old 01-13-2009

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
wuffles, good on you for respecting your dad, and manning up by backing down. But, hang on here a second. Midterms are not a for a "few weeks" and this shindig is planned for two weeks away, right? and really, we're not talking about going on a three day bender in atlantic city- this is a couple of hours, in town, hanging out. Heck, most of these guys are so old they all need to be home and in bed by nine oclock anyway. And, wuff, i assume your grades are better than average, that you are not in any danger of failing your classes or getting kicked out of school, right? And if you are, in fact, fornicating the canine in a class or two, then that is exactly the reason why you need to get together with these reprobates. Because, although they are sailors, there seems to be a smattering of intelligence and experience scattered amongst this motley crew.
Have another sitdown with Father Wuffles, and wade back into it again, using the points I outlined above. I'd hate to see a guy miss the event he started.
Old 01-13-2009

Ya I'll have to see, yes I am in honors classes which is why I must study a lot to keep my average up to keep me in the classes. Midterms are the week craigtoo would be here. I think I'll just skip this one and there will probably be another opurtunity in the future thanks though. You guys have fun.
Old 01-14-2009
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Mr. W,
Don't feel bad in the least. We all had parents and some of us were even 'honors' students (in what subjects I can't say). You do have to pick your battles wisely.
I have been following this thread but am in somewhat sunny Florida right now and will be back in frigid NY tomorrow night. I would be happy to help pick up where Mr. Wuffles left off.
So the preferred dates where Jan. 26 (Mon), 27 (Tues) &/or 28 (Wed)?
Locales mentioned: Legal Seafood on Jericho Tpk?
There are a lot of places in Huntington village that are pretty good as well.
I live in NYC and could make it as far as LI, Westchester or anywhere in between.
What say you's guys?

Everybody has one: