Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009

EG23 is on a distinguished road
Strictly Sail Chicago

This is the first boat show that I will be attending and I don't know what to expect.

Will this years boat show be as good as the previous ones? Is it worth attending?

Anybody else going?

Thanks.

Last edited by EG23; 01-25-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
No not a one of us. No boat shows for us. Just a Communist plot to extract money from our pockets.
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/off-to...c-meeting.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-25-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
Be afraid, very afraid!!!
Old 01-25-2009

CS271409 is on a distinguished road
EG23
If you've never been to a Boat Show, you'll have fun. Go, talk to everyone, ask lots of questions. The Toronto Boat show is one of the highlights of my winter and it is mainly power with a section set aside to show new sailboats. The "Mariner's Marketplace" is where the real damage to your wallet (but solace to your soul) is done. You will find the back seat of your car jammed with things that you didn't even know existed before the show... they spray some kind of a boating smell into the convention centre making all things irresistable. We are debating making the journey to Chicago next weekend for the show but I'm afraid my measly Canadian dollars won't go as far as necessary. Be afraid and have fun! (If you've never been to a boat show before, who cares if the show is as good as previous years?)
Old 01-25-2009
Great Lakes Sailor

padean is on a distinguished road
Going to Chicago

Take your wallet with all the cash you can afford to spend on boat stuff, and leave the credit cards home.....
Look through the seminars list and see if there are topics of interest.
Don't get suckered into to something you don't think you need ahead of time. Everything looks really cool and useful at Strictly Sail. Have fun along with the rest of us.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
Old 01-25-2009

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Anybody else going?
There are quite a few of us going.
Follow the link in Bubb2's post for more info.
In a nut shell, there will be an informal gathering of about 20 of us on Friday evening. That is scheduled to take place around 5:00. The location will be at the Billy Goat Tavern on the Pier, just a short walk from the show on Navy Pier.
You are very welcome to join us.
See you there, just look for a bunch of Bilge Rats and that will be us.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Old 01-25-2009

Sailormon6 will become famous soon enough
You can easily see the exhibits in one day, but I like to spend two days there and attend the seminars that interest me. Most of them are free, and you'll have a chance to ask questions of a really knowledgeable person. Occasionally, one of the speakers is, or will be, a sailing legend, and it's interesting to meet him and hear him talk. You'll find a complete list of the seminars on the Strictly Sail Chicago website.
Old 01-25-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
I am going, and am carrying at least $2000 for extras....that I want to buy there
Old 01-25-2009

EG23 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the tips - looking forward hearing more. I'd love to meet up on Friday but I already have plans that day.

Erik G.
Old 01-25-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG23 View Post
Thanks for the tips - looking forward hearing more. I'd love to meet up on Friday but I already have plans that day.

Erik G.
So...you're near..but..HAVE PLANS FOR THAT NIGHT?????

good for you...don't come back later and ask us...how do I do this...how do I do that...I want to cruis thye world, should I take an Opti or an old shoe??

WE WILL NOT HELP YOU...OK???

Pfff.....some people..God gived hazzelnuts to animals with no teeth....beat it punk

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.