Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
There are still serious people in the world..

Well...I'll be damn..I am really surprized....there is hope oin the world..serious people and companies are still there...

Imagine this...every year, I spend 4 months in the South of Portugal, and when we're not sailing around, we use the Vilamoura marina. Been going there for ages and ages...they know me and my family/boat.

Well, today, my wife got a letter in the mail, registered letter, from the marina, stating that last year, somehow, we had paid more and as a consequence here is a letter saying here are 350 Euros, that is $462.00 US!!

Pretty amazing...I did not notice I had paid more..I just pay what they tell me to pay...

Anyway...just a curiosity, these days when we think the World is full of crooks...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2009

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
You should write them a letter praising their honesty and professionalism and state that this is why you intend to return to their facilities.

I guarantee your words will appear in their next brochure. Marketing people pray to God for endorsements like that.
Old 01-26-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Did you notice on the back of the check where it said that by endorsing this check you agree to never return?
Old 01-27-2009

popeyeforearm is on a distinguished road
Lol... nice, it's good to know that, I think they caught you by surprise. I bet they'd want you to come back again or just plain old fashion honesty. Good karma either way.

Did you know the minimum wage in Portugal is around 400-450 euros? And prices on products and services don't scale with this salary like in some other places.
Old 01-27-2009

kaluvic is on a distinguished road
We recently over paid $120 in a shop in a mall in Lebanon.
Apparently several of the items were subject to a sales discount that the new clerk didn’t know about.
It was caught by the boss when she did the end of the day reconciliation.

A week later we were in the same mall and the clerk ran up to my wife and told her.

Big...big surprise.
Old 01-27-2009

marty9876 is on a distinguished road
A small thing but when we left last year for our first real sailing charter we stopped by a coffee shop on the way tot the airport. Order and when time came to pay the clerk said the lady in front of us bought 10 $5.00 gift certificates for the next 10 customers to use. So, free cup of coffee for the girlfriend! Thought it was a neat way to start our trip.
Old 01-27-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Unfortunately, the number of companies that have such integrity seems to be dropping every day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-27-2009

kaluvic is on a distinguished road
We aint seen nothin yet!
Old 01-28-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Well...I'll be damn..I am really surprized....there is hope oin the world..serious people and companies are still there...

Imagine this...every year, I spend 4 months in the South of Portugal, and when we're not sailing around, we use the Vilamoura marina. Been going there for ages and ages...they know me and my family/boat.

Well, today, my wife got a letter in the mail, registered letter, from the marina, stating that last year, somehow, we had paid more and as a consequence here is a letter saying here are 350 Euros, that is $462.00 US!!

Pretty amazing...I did not notice I had paid more..I just pay what they tell me to pay...

Anyway...just a curiosity, these days when we think the World is full of crooks...
After the photos/stories you've posted and this anecdote, if we are ever fortunate enough to sail in the South of Portugal, Vilamoura marina will be on our itinerary!!

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 01-28-2009

timebandit is on a distinguished road
I have more problems with gas stations that can pump 23 gallons in a 20 gallon tank.

Mac 25
Copernicus
Southern California
I am not a prejudice racist sexist bigot. I just hate stupid people.