Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2002

stantm is on a distinguished road
SailNet Customer Service

Is any one else having trouble getting through to Customer service?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2002

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
SailNet Customer Service

Stan:

Yes. I was following up on backordered items (which in fact they do have...what''s that about?) and got a recording while being put in the que, then a recording asking me to leave my name & a disconnect.

They apparently use an ACD with a max call threshold now, something other businesses use when trying to cut down on long distance charges (they''re paying while you''re on hold). The business decision is that, if there are more than X customers ''in line'', it will take long enough to get to you that the phone charges will be unsupportable based on some biz math they did. The fact that you lose your place in line and only get a call back at some later time (if you''re home or can be reached by phone) is less significant to them. It''s another illustration that Sailnet obviously is still struggling financially.

What to do, as a customer? Just call back. Hit Redial every 5 mins if getting thru is important (e.g. before leaving for work, going out for the evening). You''ll hit a shorter que and be kept in line.

Jack
Old 09-27-2002

sdegenhardt is on a distinguished road
SailNet Customer Service

I too, could not reach Customer Service via the phone. So, I emailed Customer Service and received a prompt reply.
Old 09-27-2002

email_test is on a distinguished road
SailNet Customer Service

Jack,

Sorry you''ve had a problem. We''ve been short-handed in there for a month holding a position open for an employee with a serious illness. Email usually gets you a faster answer than the speed dial routine. We''ve got several people dedicated to cranking out email responses.

While there''s no doubt we''d like to being better, I don''t know of any business in the US that doesn''t feel the same way. The hold queue isn''t a sign of anything or a calculated biz decision. It''s simply trying to hang on to a valued employee.

If you keep having a problem then feel free to email me directly at sam@sailnet.com

-- Sam
Old 09-27-2002

mgullett is on a distinguished road
SailNet Customer Service

When the owner of the company personally responds, I''d call that damn good customer service!
Old 09-27-2002

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
SailNet Customer Service

Thanks for responding, Sam. Of course, it was only half an answer, as the customer service system does differentiate between calls during heavy traffic periods (and disconnect us from the que) and call periods that are less hectic. That''s a biz decision someone''s making; your ACD switch is making if for you and needs to be reprogrammed unless it''s a conscience choice on someone''s part.

Just to put a plug in, there are some times when email really isn''t a good choice, similar in fact to voicemail. When talking to a real live person (that called back after your 6 p.m. close time, which was good to see), I eventually found out a) you had what I''ve been told must be backordered and b) when to change the delivery address, given that we will be out of the country for a while and the UPS guy will send it back to you. Iterative, peel the onion discussions are your CSR''s bread & butter.

Best wishes on your ill staff member recovering quickly.

Jack
Old 09-28-2002

thewaternut is on a distinguished road
SailNet Customer Service

I think Sam meant"hold onto a valued customer"
Having worked along side the sailnet customer service department and at one time being the the customer service department, I can assure ya''ll that they are a very hard working and committed staff.
May I offer a couple of tips on how to best use sailnets customer service dept.
1) Have your order number ready.
2)Monday mornings are really busy.
3)Don''t wait untill the last minute to order.
4)Remember, Murphy''s Law prevails.
5)I know sailnet is improving this area, but cordage orders can be tricky. Difficult to keep accurate inventory figures.
6)Their vendors may be slow in responding to PO''s.
7)Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I hope this might help. As I said these people try really hard and each customer is a priority.
But that''s just my opinion. Get well soon Jenn.

You might have wanted to generate these tips yourself Mr. Boyle. But you are right, customers should contact you directly every time their is a problem to be dealt with.

Hope this wasn''t negative or innaccurate information.
Waternut.