Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009

gaha_1 is on a distinguished road
Wish my wife would let me move up.I have had 2' ites for along time.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2009

CalypsoP35 is on a distinguished road
It's only money. Just don't lose your head and buy the diamond necklace, better to spend some time with her and you'll fall in love and it will all be worthwhile. At least until you see that hot 50 footer with the gorgeous lines.
Old 02-01-2009

nk235 is on a distinguished road
Wanderingstar - Are you keeping the boat in Port Jeff for the summer? If so I keep mine right next door in Mt. Sinai and spend many weekends during the summer anchored up on Conscience Bay in Port Jeff.
Old 02-01-2009

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Nk, actually I'll be in Mt Sinai, it's my homeport. I've sailed a variety of boats there for years, we've probably seen eachother. Recently it's been a wooden dory with red sails named Woodwind. Before that a green gaff yawl named Captain Tom.
Old 02-01-2009

nk235 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
Nk, actually I'll be in Mt Sinai, it's my homeport. I've sailed a variety of boats there for years, we've probably seen eachother. Recently it's been a wooden dory with red sails named Woodwind. Before that a green gaff yawl named Captain Tom.
Oh Ok I have seen you. You sailed that wooden dory with red sails right up to and passed my Morgan 323 when I was on it with my gf this past summer - we even waived to eachother. Your boat is pretty unique where is mine looks very similar to everyone elses but my Morgan is kept just North of that little island with a beach with the BBQ pit on it in the middle of the harbor. I keep it on a mooring right there with Ralph's and it has a tan dodger and is the only boat with a green main sail cover.

Are you going to be keeping the new Ketch on a mooring at the dock? Congrats on your purchase and I wish you goodluck on the trip up from FL. What's the boats name? I will keep an eye out for you in May and will be sure to say hello.
Old 02-02-2009

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Nk, I'll be on a moorring a bit east of you, Old Man's handles mine.
The boat is Wandering Star.
I wouldn't say yours looks like all the rest, she's handsome in that picture. I think I remember you from the water.
See you in spring.
Old 03-03-2009
TEAM ZISSU

drobarge is on a distinguished road
B.reak O.ut A.nother T.housand
or just take a cold shower and tear up one hundred dollar bills.(you'll get the same exp. as sailing)
Old 03-03-2009

twisty2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbdavis View Post
Perhaps this is old hat, but I remember my father telling me when I was a young lad, "Son, if you want to know what sailing is all about, just get in the shower with your clothes on, turn on the cold water, and eat a soggy peanut butter sandwich. While you're doing all this, drop a $20 down the drain every 2 minutes."

For some reason, I'm still here with my soggy sandwich shovin' 20's down the drain.
Only $20's, damn your gettin off cheap!
Old 03-03-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
That's when he was sailing a Sunfish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty2 View Post
Only $20's, damn your gettin off cheap!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-03-2009

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
I know, we all suffer the same thing: sailing is expensive. I'm the proud new owner of a 39' ketch, planning to sail her home from Florida in May. That's the good part. But to take care of my crew, I bought an epirb ($), a liferaft ($$$), assorted other equipment ($$), charts, gps($) and so on.
Today I called the boatyard. Of course I need a bigger mooring, with heavier chain, and a larger ball ($$$). I think that all of this is going to end up costing at least 15% of what I paid for the boat. I knew it was more expensive to upsize, I guess I'm just in sticker shock.
Maybe I should just be content to sail my dory. I could even cruise it, But Jane won't stay aboard that one.
Thanks for listening.
I had the same experience when I moved up from 36 to 41. Certainly a shock to see how much the costs escalate.