Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road
So, Giulietta goes on the hard for a bottom job, then Alex goes in for a little overhaul himself (insert “fairing” joke here). Here’s to Alex getting “splashed” before the boat does!.

Get well soon and recover completely, my friend. We already miss your fantastic photo essays and witty repartee.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2009
CEO - SailNet.com

marinedtcomRob is on a distinguished road
Alex,

I hope all goes well for you and thank for all you do for the SailNet community.

I understand that there might be some type of get well offering in the works. We would like to contribute too with…. (whatever you guys want to do).

Rob
Old 02-11-2009

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Alex,
I've been absent for a couple of weeks and missed this thread. Best of luck and get well soon, you're irreplaceable!
Old 02-11-2009

BusyMom will become famous soon enough BusyMom will become famous soon enough
To all the friends of Alex's and ours, that wrote here wishing us well, I dedicate this thank you note.

My name is Giulietta, and I am Alex's wife. I may have met some of you in time.
I am not very active at writing on forums as this is not one my favorite tasks in life, for that I am so sorry.

Today I saw Fred laughing hard today, so I had a look, and looked for it.

Alex told me, much later at the hospital, that he had told about the disease he had on Sailnet, the day before the operation, against our agrement,..as we believed it would not help him much, should the worse knock at our door, besides it would make him tired...bsides he hated talk about it.

He resisted until the last day, but obviously, it was too strong for him.

If you know Alex, you know he is not a person of hiding his felings, and what is his, belongs to everybody.

Today, I saw my husband come home, walk thru the door, ill, tired and without energy, but he is alive and well, and a few days will return my man to what and where he was before.

To all I want to extend my most sincere THANK YOU in whishing him well, I am sure he will return to you soon.

Thank you and may God Bless You Alll

God forbid the worse of happening, but I realized that tomorrow will be an imprtant day for us. We are very scared, and tense.

Last edited by BusyMom; 02-11-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2009

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
BusyMom,

You are all in my prayers. Hoping for the best. Fair winds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 02-11-2009
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Thanks, Giulietta. We've all been praying for Alex, and for you and the kids. We are immensely happy that he is at home with his loving wife and family. We'll continue to pray that the results tomorrow are good. We're with you in spirit. Try to sleep as well as you can. Please know that hundreds of sailors you will never know are praying for the best for you and your husband.
Old 02-11-2009

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
To all the friends of Alex's and ours, that wrote here wishing us well, I dedicate this thank you note.

My name is Giulietta, and I am Alex's wife. I may have met some of you in time.
I am not very active at writing on forums as this is not one my favorite tasks in life, for that I am so sorry.

Today I saw Fred laughing hard today, so I had a look, and looked for it.

Alex told me, much later at the hospital, that he had told about the disease he had on Sailnet, the day before the operation, against our agrement,..as we believed it would not help him much, should the worse knock at our door, besides it would make him tired...bsides he hated talk about it.

He resisted until the last day, but obviously, it was too strong for him.

If you know Alex, you know he is not a person of hiding his felings, and what is his, belongs to everybody.

Today, I saw my husband come home, walk thru the door, ill, tired and without energy, but he is alive and well, and a few days will return my man to what and where he was before.

To all I want to extend my most sincere THANK YOU in whishing him well, I am sure he will return to you soon.

Thank you and may God Bless You Alll

God forbid the worse of happening, but I realized that tomorrow will be an imprtant day for us. We are very scared, and tense.
Yours is a very gracious note. I am hopeful that Alex will have a swift recovery and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Fred as well.
Old 02-11-2009
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub

craigtoo will become famous soon enough craigtoo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to craigtoo Send a message via Yahoo to craigtoo Send a message via Skype™ to craigtoo
God Bless You Guys!

I love
Old 02-11-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Busymom/Giulietta,

Thank you (and Fred) for providing the update on Alex's condition. We are happy to hear that he's home again with his family.

We're all praying for Alex's good health. He's a strong fighter, and I doubt this setback will keep him down for very long. Please get some rest tonight if you can, and don't overly worry. Tomorrow is another day, with all its promise of new hope.

And let us know if we can help in any way. - John

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 02-11-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Giulietta...thanks for keeping us up to date. We continue to pray all will be well.