SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

To Sailnet - OWNERS

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  JohnRPollard 
#1 ·
Dear Sailnet, Rob.

Since 2001 I have been using Sailnet, I went thru 3 Sailnet's, (and 3 different names)...I started with the couple who's name I forgot, (the Parsons or Carsons or whatever, then the Sail loft mess-they were all air anyway..I quit), raced my previous boat under that dynasty. Made a lot of guys mad, and left for SA...where I was anyway...some here remember my name then.I even remeber the first time Jeff_H posted...ehehe

Then came the second Sailnet, the one that went bankrupt, and from whom I bought over $20.000 worth of stuff, for my present boat, (at half price)- maybe that's why they went bankrupt, everything was half price), that was when my present boat was under construction...changed the name again. Raced another Sailboat under that Dynasty...another name...some also remember that..

Now..since 2006 under the name of my present boat, I am here with you..think of me like the door man at the White House..the Presidents change, but the door man is allways the same since 1956!!!!

For good and bad, I have given, and have thus far more received from Sailnet....my English got better too.

I made and call this "my home"...I have thousands of posts, (some good, some funny, soe useless (like SD's), some just to piss off a few guys I don't like, etc..), but for the first time I have made friends here I have met and wish to maintain.

I fully understand I am a guest here at this house of yours, and as such I am expected to behave as a polite guest...which is nothing more than what I am. A guest.

I am well aware to the fact that you may be pressured by a certain boat manufacturer that we are not allowed to mention (but rymes with Tartan / C&C..), to have certain texts deleted...and understand you deleteing them to quited things down and go on with life.

I do understand. I also appologize for having posted them. I did it in good spirit to show somethng I saw.

I want you to know that Alex, the Giulietta, will continue to post as before, nothing changes. Life's too short...

After all this is only the net, and I posted the same stuff on another site, so I don't really get upset...

I am not mad, a little deceived, as you could have told me and I would have deleted it..like I did so many times, when I pass the line....but....it's OK...

Me????

I will remain here, same old same old..(well my gut is a foot shorter, so I can hold less crap than before..but I'll try to behave)..

Thank you for having me at your house, if I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate.

Alex

See less See more
#8 ·
I would have accepted a statement that said "since Tartan has forced their lawyers on us we are shutting down all discussion of tartan" and make that a sticky. Anybody searching sailnet for tartan info would find that right up front and can form their own opinion about the inference.

But, it seems that sailnet is saying that all criticism of all products is banned.

I can't accept that and will be joining Cam. Let us know if you change your position and focus this AT tartan instead of at everybody and everything.

Did the "hunter bashing" thread get deleted???

#9 ·
Glad to see you writing in this house again. Well said that we are all guest in this house. We might not like what Mom and Dad are doing at times, but like children we will move on with life and make a little mischief at times to keep them straight. Glad you are getting well. Hugs and Kisses

#14 ·
Ahh, the above two posts are a classic example of American colloquialisms being misunderstood by a foreign visitor. Sandsailor jokingly calls Alex a Suck A$$ meaning suck up or brown noser and Alex interprets that to mean Sandsailor is insulting him and telling him to suck his a$$. Naturally, Alex steps up the return fire a notch. Classic example of why you don't use slang, Ebonics or colloquialisms when talking to someone who's not from your country.

#18 ·
MArty,

Yes we do. I suppose we could do that.

But if we make it all disappear then this misunderstanding will never get resolved, and the animosity (if there is any -- not absolutely sure?) will linger, because all they'll see is that we deleted their posts. Charlie did a nice job of explaining the situation, so I'd like them to see that and then edit their own posts.

This approach results in some material remaining up longer than it should, but overall I think it's the better approach. Opinions may vary.:)

#19 ·
John,

Now I see what you are doing! better call than deleting the posts. And knowing Alex, he will figure out the misunderstanding and correct himself, unless of course in his drugged afterward state thought he was saying a joke too..........

This is of course assuming they both acknowledge the misunderstanding!

Marty

#21 ·
Damn Portugoose.!!!! You are supposed to be voice of madness, for heavens sake, logic and calm reason are not what we expect from you. Now here you go and make the most sensible comment anyone has made on this subject.

For mine, if Alex is content to let this pass the so be it.

#23 ·
Damn Portugoose.!!!! You are supposed to be voice of madness, for heavens sake, logic and calm reason are not what we expect from you. Now here you go and make the most sensible comment anyone has made on this subject.
To be fair, he is on the finest European painkillers. Short of sending him my excellent vintage port, there is nothing more effective.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.