Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
To Sailnet - OWNERS

Dear Sailnet, Rob.

Since 2001 I have been using Sailnet, I went thru 3 Sailnet's, (and 3 different names)...I started with the couple who's name I forgot, (the Parsons or Carsons or whatever, then the Sail loft mess-they were all air anyway..I quit), raced my previous boat under that dynasty. Made a lot of guys mad, and left for SA...where I was anyway...some here remember my name then.I even remeber the first time Jeff_H posted...ehehe

Then came the second Sailnet, the one that went bankrupt, and from whom I bought over $20.000 worth of stuff, for my present boat, (at half price)- maybe that's why they went bankrupt, everything was half price), that was when my present boat was under construction...changed the name again. Raced another Sailboat under that Dynasty...another name...some also remember that..

Now..since 2006 under the name of my present boat, I am here with you..think of me like the door man at the White House..the Presidents change, but the door man is allways the same since 1956!!!!

For good and bad, I have given, and have thus far more received from Sailnet....my English got better too.

I made and call this "my home"...I have thousands of posts, (some good, some funny, soe useless (like SD's), some just to piss off a few guys I don't like, etc..), but for the first time I have made friends here I have met and wish to maintain.

I fully understand I am a guest here at this house of yours, and as such I am expected to behave as a polite guest...which is nothing more than what I am. A guest.

I am well aware to the fact that you may be pressured by a certain boat manufacturer that we are not allowed to mention (but rymes with Tartan / C&C..), to have certain texts deleted...and understand you deleteing them to quited things down and go on with life.

I do understand. I also appologize for having posted them. I did it in good spirit to show somethng I saw.

I want you to know that Alex, the Giulietta, will continue to post as before, nothing changes. Life's too short...

After all this is only the net, and I posted the same stuff on another site, so I don't really get upset...

I am not mad, a little deceived, as you could have told me and I would have deleted it..like I did so many times, when I pass the line....but....it's OK...

Me????

I will remain here, same old same old..(well my gut is a foot shorter, so I can hold less crap than before..but I'll try to behave)..

Thank you for having me at your house, if I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate.

Alex
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2009
Aquaholic

AjariBonten is on a distinguished road
Well Said Alex, you can be a guest in my home, real or virtual, anytime.
I Love Her Well, And She Must Love Me
But I think It's Only For My Money
..... Gordon Bok

Last edited by AjariBonten; 02-12-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
There is a True Gentleman Folks. I congratulate you Alex.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-12-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Very well done Alex. You're a good man.
Old 02-12-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
A genuinely considerate, and thoughtful thread. I wholeheartedly agree.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 02-12-2009
Pearson 303

SVCarolena is on a distinguished road
Agree. Now lets get back to talking about sailing!
Old 02-12-2009

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Very well put Alex.
Old 02-12-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
I would have accepted a statement that said "since Tartan has forced their lawyers on us we are shutting down all discussion of tartan" and make that a sticky. Anybody searching sailnet for tartan info would find that right up front and can form their own opinion about the inference.

But, it seems that sailnet is saying that all criticism of all products is banned.

I can't accept that and will be joining Cam. Let us know if you change your position and focus this AT tartan instead of at everybody and everything.

Did the "hunter bashing" thread get deleted???
Old 02-12-2009
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Glad to see you writing in this house again. Well said that we are all guest in this house. We might not like what Mom and Dad are doing at times, but like children we will move on with life and make a little mischief at times to keep them straight. Glad you are getting well. Hugs and Kisses
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 02-12-2009
Seinor Member

capn_dave is on a distinguished road
Holy Crap Batman

Alex, are you taking those happy pills they give you in the hospital?

Fair Winds

Dave