SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Nice...the house is clean...

7K views 84 replies 27 participants last post by  smackdaddy 
#1 ·
So, this morning I wake up, look around.....

What do I see???

our "home" seems to be clean, and tidy, I open the windows and the wind is blowing and the sun is shining....all looks normal again...makes me feel happy.

(by this I was not refereing to the house or home I live in, it's another home)

#3 ·
...and some who will hold their nose but split time both places
That's me.
It's unfortunate that such sniveling has taken over on here. I visit to learn and give insight (which I have very little of) when I can. I'm astounded that Moderators (or former Mod's, as the case me be) that I had such respect for, have forced thier personal opinions to be the focus of our attention.
You can say "If you don't like it, don't read it". Not knowing what the content is until I read it, I don't have that option...
The option I do have is to visit other sites.

I hope the weather comes around so we can all get our sailing fix and get back to normal. :)

#4 ·
wanna
"Not knowing what the content is until I read it, I don't have that option..."

That option was taken away by the owner, not the moderator you speak of. Which is why the moderator resigned as moderator.

Not much sailing space in Central Mich, where do you sail?

#5 ·
".....forced their personal opinions....." I think 'expressed' would be more like it. My first and only attempt at injecting some levity over there got flagged (I say with some pride), so screw 'em.

Yes Alex, it is a nice house. Thanks for the mental image.

I think time and sailing are excellent elixirs.

G.

#8 · (Edited)
It's a very nice house.

The sun is shining in Seattle. it's supposed to be nice all week.

The Admiral and Hope are in Honduras on a mission trip. Mark and I will be taking a cruise to downtown Seattle and thereabouts for the rest of the week.

I like my avatar.

All is right with the world.

David

#9 ·
It is a nice day here in the Seattle area. Should talk spouse into heading to Kingston for lunch or early dinner and home!

David,
Did you figure out where the CYCE container is? and get Kyrie cleaned saturday?

Marty

#22 · (Edited)
Man I gotta say... I've been part (and cause of) of some pretty serious e-drama on forums but your guys really know how to make a mess of things!

:D:D:D
Marty, some of don't see it that way. Some of us sincerely wanted to help the site thrive and grow and, like Alex as well as many others made meaningful contributions.
It was going fine until someone decided to get a Hitler complex and when confronted by people who rightfully pointed out the glaring inconsistencies between the claim "This forum is run DEMOCRATICALLY." and the reality. They were subjected to arbitrary discipline up to and including banning.

I posted this:

Originally Posted by knothead
We're a friendly, respectful and fun group of people

And the administrator's response was this:

Thin ice... very thin.

If he wants to run a forum where everyone has to duck and cover everytime he gets into a bad mood. Then there is certainly nothing there for me.

We didn't make a mess of things. We just played a part in bringing some fatal flaws to light. Which we are wont to do.

PS, I haven't been banned but as I said in the FC thread, I won't post there again, ever, unless I receive an apology from Der Fuhrer for the way me and my friends were treated.

#31 ·
Would it be too much to start a poll of those that were either banned or bailed? I'm curious about the numbers.

We could use code language for its title. Something like "Bitten By Vicious Pitbulls on the Dock" or "Drunken Frat Boys Revival".

Naa - that's too much. Right?

#32 ·
So, a bunch of disgruntled sailnetters who don't like it here went over there, read and accepted the terms of use, signed up, raised hell within days of joining, then left, asking to be removed or banned. Yeah, I am sure they are sad we're gone...:) We are quite the guests. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.