Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Excuse this momentary broadcat interruption -

Dear Friends and sailors,

As you may know, I made a few sailing videos, about sailing and stuff, for all people and anyone to see..

I made them for everybody, and although free, they are still mine...which is only fair.

I made them, and to make them accessible to all, I uploaded them on YouTube, and embedded them here, where our friend Camaraderie, kept them all together, in a thread he made.

So far so good...unfortunately, a few weeks ago, I joined a web site, also about sailing, and was asked by several friends there (that were from here too), to post the videos, as it would help the site, and more sailors could use them....so far so good....that is not the issue

Unfortunately, I left that site, and upon leaving, I asked all my posts be deleted...

well..that was not done...I did not leave in anger, or with any hard feelings...I left because thought the site was not for me, as I don't agree with their "post removal technique"...I politely asked my account deleted, and the posts too...and received a friendly pm from the site administrator where he said "done" or something like that..I can't have access to that now, but not important.

Unfortunately, my wish for deletion was not fulfilled, and my posts are still there under the name "guest", or something. Doesnít matter...they did not do what I asked for...

Therefore, and since they are showing a total disrespect for me and my polite request, I was forced to inhibit the embedding of the videos on YouTube.

The problem is that now, they can't be seen here on Sailnet either, BUT we are working so that they will soon be showing up here again. I believe this week it's solved.

You can still see them on YouTube, (where they are), as they are there for everyone... HERE

I just don't think that people that do not respect my wish, (the site owner or whatever, not its users), should benefit from anything mine for his own venues, good intentioned or not...

Rest assured, had he asked me, politely, as I wrote to him, (since he has obviously my email), to keep them, or explaining personally why he would like to keep them, I wouldn't have said no...Why would I???

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but I felt cheated and ill treated by people I once helped, without expecting anything in return.

Thank you

Alex
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-16-2009

Boasun will become famous soon enough Boasun will become famous soon enough
It is your work, your time to develop the vids, your creativity in development of the vids.
Thus it is your product to loan out, to sale, or just use as a teaching tool in your own classes.
And all of the above should be fully respected in every manner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Maritime Instructor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Rapture
Old 02-16-2009

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boasun View Post
It is your work, your time to develop the vids, your creativity in development of the vids.
Thus it is your product to loan out, to sale, or just use as a teaching tool in your own classes.
And all of the above should be fully respected in every manner.

Alex, I will be doing the same thing as soon as I figure out how.
Old 02-16-2009

wolfshead13 is on a distinguished road
They are your videos (great I must add) and it is your right do do as you see fit with them. I f they are offline for a short time I am sure all can understand why and look foreward to their return
Old 02-16-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
Knotty, just relocate them to a different album on your youtube. Tell CD to nuke the original threads or just post new ones containing the relocated vids. I think the Admins here can post edit the original threads with the new video link locations. It just takes a bit of cooperation betwixt you and them.
Old 02-16-2009

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCobra View Post
Knotty, just relocate them to a different album on your youtube. Tell CD to nuke the original threads or just post new ones containing the relocated vids. I think the Admins here can post edit the original threads with the new video link locations. It just takes a bit of cooperation betwixt you and them.
Thanks Charlie. Truthfully, I didn't even know that I had albums. I'll check it out.