Well my day really sucked. - Page 42 - SailNet Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #411 of 445 Old 01-26-2010
Last Man Standing

This thread is one of the Hall-of-Fame bummers. SVDSRIP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 445 Old 01-26-2010

That boat is stuck in my neck of the woods... and I have to say....

There is no way in hell anyone is going to get that boat out of that mud on that tidal river without a combination of massive trash pumps and floats. All of this seat-of-the-pants stuff is a complete and total waste of time and energy. Come in at low tide, wade through the mud, secure the floats, evadcuate the cabin, and somehow keep the water from pouring over the cockpit combings on the rising tide. Even then it may just sit there, stuck in the mud, as they say. I hate be a downer about it, but that's the reality.

Maybe the best thing to do at this point is to go in at low tide with an aceytlene torch, cut the mast and standing rigging so that they're no longer a navigational hazzard, and leave her be.
post #413 of 445 Old 01-28-2010

So almost a year... from what I remember new boat purchased this one still a hazzard....?

-- Jody

S/V "
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

post #414 of 445 Old 01-28-2010
Last Man Standing

Jody! Baby! Wazzap?

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
post #415 of 445 Old 01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Jody! Baby! Wazzap?
Been awhile eh?xoxo

-- Jody

S/V "
" -

post #416 of 445 Old 01-29-2010

Did you get your boat back up and running Jody? Hope to see you guys out on the Sound again soon!
post #417 of 445 Old 01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinlegs View Post
Did you get your boat back up and running Jody? Hope to see you guys out on the Sound again soon!
Just doing some live aboard renovations now ... we'll be back in full force come March...

-- Jody

S/V "
" -

post #418 of 445 Old 04-01-2010

Does anyone know what eventually happened to this sailboat. Did it get removed or is it still laying on its side in the river.
post #419 of 445 Old 07-22-2010
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by weephee View Post
Does anyone know what eventually happened to this sailboat. Did it get removed or is it still laying on its side in the river.

Bump! Darn good question. My bet is nothing happened but I am a continent away, so just guessing.

michael
post #420 of 445 Old 09-02-2010

Well believe it or not,
IT'S BEEN REMOVED !

I have no idea who paid for it, or exactly what happened.. I have a buddy that was fishing and said he saw some guys in big skiffs come out at low tide and strap a bunch of IBC (1000 liter) containers to the outside and cut the mast and standing rigging off.. when the tide came up they slowly dragged it to a nearby island, and cut her up with sawsalls and chainsaws and stack the pieces on the skiffs..

I didn't see them but sure would have loved to.. I'm pleased it's out of the water though !!

--------------------
1984 Starwind 22
"Julianne"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.