Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
This thread is one of the Hall-of-Fame bummers. SVDSRIP.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2010

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
That boat is stuck in my neck of the woods... and I have to say....

There is no way in hell anyone is going to get that boat out of that mud on that tidal river without a combination of massive trash pumps and floats. All of this seat-of-the-pants stuff is a complete and total waste of time and energy. Come in at low tide, wade through the mud, secure the floats, evadcuate the cabin, and somehow keep the water from pouring over the cockpit combings on the rising tide. Even then it may just sit there, stuck in the mud, as they say. I hate be a downer about it, but that's the reality.

Maybe the best thing to do at this point is to go in at low tide with an aceytlene torch, cut the mast and standing rigging so that they're no longer a navigational hazzard, and leave her be.
Old 01-28-2010

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
So almost a year... from what I remember new boat purchased this one still a hazzard....?

S/V "
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Old 01-28-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Jody! Baby! Wazzap?

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 01-28-2010

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Jody! Baby! Wazzap?
Been awhile eh?xoxo

S/V "
" -

Old 01-29-2010

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road
Did you get your boat back up and running Jody? Hope to see you guys out on the Sound again soon!
Old 01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinlegs View Post
Did you get your boat back up and running Jody? Hope to see you guys out on the Sound again soon!
Just doing some live aboard renovations now ... we'll be back in full force come March...

S/V "
" -

Old 04-01-2010

weephee is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know what eventually happened to this sailboat. Did it get removed or is it still laying on its side in the river.
Old 07-22-2010
Senior Moment

doubleeboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by weephee View Post
Does anyone know what eventually happened to this sailboat. Did it get removed or is it still laying on its side in the river.

Bump! Darn good question. My bet is nothing happened but I am a continent away, so just guessing.

michael
Old 09-02-2010

WheresTheBrakes is on a distinguished road
Well believe it or not,
IT'S BEEN REMOVED !

I have no idea who paid for it, or exactly what happened.. I have a buddy that was fishing and said he saw some guys in big skiffs come out at low tide and strap a bunch of IBC (1000 liter) containers to the outside and cut the mast and standing rigging off.. when the tide came up they slowly dragged it to a nearby island, and cut her up with sawsalls and chainsaws and stack the pieces on the skiffs..

I didn't see them but sure would have loved to.. I'm pleased it's out of the water though !!

--------------------
1984 Starwind 22
"Julianne"