Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009

robfinora is on a distinguished road
wow - that is unfortunate that someone would do some so low. Several years ago, there was really a niche market for second-hand marine supplies / items. In the online age however (i.e. ebay) - regular thieves can find unsuspecting buyers around the world to pawn items off.

Bummer - Rob
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2009

scottyt is on a distinguished road
minor update

went by this morning to get a better look, found a beer can topside, the idoit left his beer. talked to my cop friend he is going to send a good cop to get a report, as he cant he is in a different district. he said he knows just the guy a boat owner him self. so i will have a boat owner cop doing the report, who should be able to get finger prints from the beer can.

the guy who is near me is near me is now panicking, as he leaves his boat all day. but he is keeping an eye out
Old 02-28-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Not meaning to make light, but I keep reading this thread as "Wow Somebody Stole My Bikini".

I'll bet your getting a lot of thread "views".

P.S. Bummer about the theft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 02-28-2009
the pointy end is the bow

erps will become famous soon enough erps will become famous soon enough
Quote:
so i will have a boat owner cop doing the report, who should be able to get finger prints from the beer can.
I don't want to rain on the parade, but if the crime lab work load is anything like here in Washington State it's likely that the finger prints won't even be sent in until a suspect is developed.

If I were you, I'd be watching Craigslist and Ebay, I'd be walking docks and I'd be checking any marine stores in the area that sell used stuff or stuff on consignment. Hope you get it back.
La Conner, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boating for over 25 years, some of them successfully.
Old 02-28-2009

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
HEy

don't lose hope!!

I have never seen a police force as efficient as the American Police.

I had a computer stollen from a Hotel in Iowa, in February 2008. By may 2008 it was recovered in Wyoming..I got a call, waited a few months because it was Sheriff's evidence, and in September they returned it to me..

Have faith and hope!!
Long live American police!
Old 02-28-2009

scottyt is on a distinguished road
as for looking at marine stores, the local west marine is 200 yards from my boat, and the thiefs did not take the lines to hold it open, the west marine already knows to look for some one asking about bimini straps.

alex the baltimore police force is great at their job, righting tickets, dui's, righting reports etc. but in no way are they any good at solving crimes. an example is a friend had a truck stolen, when the truck was found there was a drivers license on the seat, that was not the owners. the cop told him, you got your truck back why are you worried about getting the guy arrested. thats why i went to a friend instead of just calling the cops, that friend is a supervisor over a whole district
Old 02-28-2009

Lostmt is on a distinguished road
Alex,
You were lucky. The PD here told me, when my motor was stole, that I would be luck if it ever turned up. They told me to drive around looking for it.

If an item shows up on craigslist that you feel was stolen craigslist will give you the contact information. It takes a bit of paper work from your county attorney. Not sure about Ebay. I would think they would do the same.
Old 03-01-2009

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBrown View Post
Here in Atlanta we've had a big problem with thieves stealing manhole covers and selling them for scrap.

Scott. I'd file a police report and keep my eyes open for your bimini. Chances are someone from one of the nearby marinas liked what he saw and helped himself.

Good luck!
Whoever is buying the manhole covers would also be a good candidate for prosecution. Not too hard to figure out where they came from and that there's a hole left behind.
Old 03-01-2009

inshallamiami is on a distinguished road
A liveaboard neighbor with a nice barking dog might have prevented this.
Old 03-01-2009
Back to just the Jon boat

therapy23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyt View Post

alex the baltimore police force is great at their job, righting tickets, dui's, righting reports etc. but in no way are they any good at solving crimes. an example is a friend had a truck stolen, when the truck was found there was a drivers license on the seat, that was not the owners. the cop told him, you got your truck back why are you worried about getting the guy arrested. thats why i went to a friend instead of just calling the cops, that friend is a supervisor over a whole district
Part of the problem?

As far as on topic. I feel for you. That kind of thing just plain sucks!