Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009
Cruiser/Lats and Atts TV

Moonfish is on a distinguished road
Smile Tell us what your username means

Sorry if this has been done before, but I haven't seen it... (I know we've done boat names, and that never gets old.) There are some very interesting, unique, and funny usernames here. Let's start a thread whereby we explain the story behind the name. Here's mine...

MOoNFiSH - Back in the 80s/early 90s I wanted to start my own advertising agency/production company. And for years I wanted to call it "Bingo, Bango, Boingo". Of course, within the ad world, everyone thought that was a cool, creative name and quite catchy. I even thought the receptionist could shorten it and answer the phone, "Good morning, B-cubed." Until one day I was having a conversation about it with my ex, and she said that though Bingo, Bango, Boingo might be hip in the ad world, some "conservative" potential clients/companies might think it "immature". I considered her comment a slight insult, but then we began to try to think of another name. Eventually, as she collected tropical fish stuff, and I was a moon lover (the one in the sky), she blurted out, "I know, Fish and Moon Advertising." Without missing a beat, I immediately replied "Moonfish..." And so it stuck. Just so happens to go with the sailing/water world, too.

And I designed it to utilize the combination of lower case and caps so that no matter what font was used, the integrity of the "logo" was retained. Thus MOoNFiSH...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Always approach the dock at the speed you wish to hit it."
s/v VENUS
1978 North Sea 33 Pilothouse Cutter (Ta Chiao)

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-04-2009
Saxomaphone Rules!

Headcase is on a distinguished road
I'm a bit on the crazy side. Maybe more than a bit.
Old 03-04-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
imagine2frolic,
Imagine is my current boat named after Lennon's song.
Frolic was my first boat a 30ft. Columbia 1972. The name was there when I arrived.............i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-04-2009
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
MGMhead, my three initials and a contraction of my last name. I've been using it for years and I've never heard of another. Hey, it's easy for me to remember too.

MGM
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 03-04-2009

montenido is on a distinguished road
Montenido - It is the name of the neighborhood that I live in. Off Malibu Canyon in the Los Angeles area. Unique and easy to remember. Now my avatar... I just love the bewildered look on Mel's face in his booking photo. 'Nuff said.

Bill

"There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage."
Mark Twain
Old 03-04-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
It is something of perennial this one but for the record

T - Townes - a nod to my favourite songwriter and the man who turned me on to real country music.

D - don't mean a thing......in the old days of Usenet my moniker was Townes D Wombat.......just sounded more high falootin' with the D added. That was then, this is now.

W - Wombat - Hey, I'm Australian and Kangaroos are a bit passe......and you have to admit The Womboat has a nice ring to it. (Kangarooboat ? I don't think so. ) Kangaroos are also quite popular when BBQed and with SD around that could get me on the lunch menu....not even a Texan would think about eating Wombat....

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 03-04-2009

SVlagniappe is on a distinguished road
The name of my boat... SV on the front helps avoid conflicts.

Steve
SVLagniappe
Beneteau 423 #310
Old 03-04-2009

amarinesurveyor is on a distinguished road
Self explanatory.
Brian
Old 03-04-2009
O'day 26

joeybkcmo is on a distinguished road
mine does not requrie much explanation, name joey - last name starts with -b and I live in kansas city mo. - joeybkcmo

Old 03-04-2009

twisty2 is on a distinguished road
Twisty is short for mistwist. Which was the name I used for 6 months of deception and sweet, sweet revenge.

In a nut shell, girl meets guy, they date for over a yr, guy gets caught cheating, tho he doesn't know it. Girl pretends to be someone else on the internet for months then says lets meet.

Screen name $0
Countless hours pretending to be someone else $0
The look on his face when he figures out he is busted... PRICELESS!

Plus it is shorter than what he now calls me.