Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009
Banned

SailorGregS is on a distinguished road
Sailors are Better than Power boaters!

All through time, since the beginning of the combustion engine, the debate has raged on regarding the virtues of Sailor vs Power boaters. I for one have stood up and took on all power boaters who dared roar about their superior method to traverse the waves.

Well, I told these blow hards that their are significant reasons' why sailors are much better people, and geeze these guys hate what I said.

Here are my reason's why I think we are superior, and I would venture to say we, well I, are also elitists.

1) We get better chicks, much better looking and smarter.
2) We are much better looking and also smarter
3) Rappers tend not to purchase sail boats as "bling"
4) Sailors can drink more
5) We have more disposable income.

oh,

6) Our message boards are better and way more sensitive.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-2009

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
You have way to much time on your hands.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-17-2009

AdamLein will become famous soon enough
Wow Greg, you're on a roll in your never-ending quest to offend the universe

Anyway obviously I agree with (1) and (2).

(3) See Giu's threads on the guy who uh, renovated his dad's sailboat by, among other things, taking a circular saw to the load-bearing bulkheads and compression post. Probably he wasn't a rapper but still, we may have a demographics issue.

(4) My boat is a dry boat, sorry.

(5) Don't you mean "disposed income"?

(6) lawl.
Old 03-17-2009
Somewhat Senior Member

mgmhead is on a distinguished road
Shock-meister strikes again.

Are you the same guy that keeps spamming about Canadian pharmacies and R.O.L.E.X. watches?
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
Old 03-17-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorGregS View Post
All through time, since the beginning of the combustion engine, the debate has raged on regarding the virtues of Sailor vs Power boaters. I for one have stood up and took on all power boaters who dared roar about their superior method to traverse the waves.

Well, I told these blow hards that their are significant reasons' why sailors are much better people, and geeze these guys hate what I said.

Here are my reason's why I think we are superior, and I would venture to say we, well I, are also elitists.

1) We get better chicks, much better looking and smarter.
2) We are much better looking and also smarter
3) Rappers tend not to purchase sail boats as "bling"
4) Sailors can drink more
5) We have more disposable income.

oh,

6) Our message boards are better and way more sensitive.
Replies: 5
Ontario Canada
Views: 155
Posted By SailorGregS
Ontario Canada

I'm brand new to sailing, and we are looking to jump right in. We want a Tayana 37 or 42.

Later folks.

So in two weeks you go from not knowing anything to using terms like we and us in regards to sailors.

Greg, I been sailing for 40+ years! Guys like you Annoy me! I am proud to call myself a sailor. I have earned my stripes! Please refrain from calling yourself a sailor in my presence. It just makes me laugh and you look like a horse's a##.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

Last edited by bubb2; 03-28-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2009

rayncyn51 is on a distinguished road
The next time we run into a happily gruntled stinkpotter, we'll send him to you for a thourough dis-gruntling. Glad we don't have to worry about this any longer.
Old 03-17-2009
Belliure 41'

JT1019 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JT1019
Ironically it’s not the type of boat but how you use it that truly defines a boater. Are sailors better?...not at all but they are no worse than power boaters.
Old 03-17-2009
Banned

SailorGregS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
Replies: 5
Ontario Canada
Views: 155
Posted By SailorGregS
Ontario Canada

I'm brand new to sailing, and we are looking to jump right in. We want a Tayana 37 or 42.

Later folks.

So in two weeks you go from not knowing anything to using terms like we and us in regards to sailors.

Greg, I been sailing for 40+ years! Guys like you Annoy me! I am proud to call myself a sailor. I have earned my stripes! Please refrain from calling yourself sailor in my presence. It just makes me laugh and you look like a horse's a##.
I'm a sailor, just like you. We are just about pals. Some day we can raft up and discuss, the best way to ask a powerboater to turn down his music.
Old 03-17-2009

phoxie is on a distinguished road
I thought if we start our engine we are a boat under power!!!!

Doesn't that make us power boaters?????????
Old 03-17-2009

CaptKermie is on a distinguished road
Well I have a real problem with #1 because I have seen some pretty nice eye candy on powerboats in my days. Just open up any boating magazine and you will see powerboats advertised with eye candy aboard, and they are always wearing a bikini and look like beautiful bow ornamnents. I have heard many gorgeous young babes express their preference for powerboats and their thrill of speed over the waves. And lets not forget the owners of those big powerfull boats have deep pockets or they wouldn't be owning one so the smart beauties like the deep pockets. There is a segment of the female population that go for fast cars, fast guys, fast boats and fast money. It is about image for some and a sailboat just doesn't cut it for image like a big expensive powerboat does.
What?? you say you wouldn't want a girl like that.... well she wouldn't want you either!
Even though I am a sailor at heart, I still eyeball the odd stinkpotter, the last one I fantasized over was a 2002 Grand Banks Heritage 42 trawler, man what a nice boat for a stinkpotter, if I had the coin I'd have bought it right then and there for half a million dollars.
You don't need to have canvas to be a good sailor, an engine works well too, and when I am too old to hoist the sails I will be giving serious consideration for a nice trawler.
There are different mindsets that attract folks to one boat over the other, neither is right or wrong, they are just different.
I used to cross country ski and never understood how all those downhillers could tolerate the long line-ups and chairlift rides while I struck out wherever the wilderness bekoned, but those same downhillers drove fast cars and likely fast boats while I wandered through the trails, drove pick-ups, SUV's and the odd car and then floated in the breeze out on the water while fast boats left me in their wake. Maybe I am from another planet, but I just cannot justify a fast powerboat no matter how gorgeous the eye candy I could attract with it.