Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
My Million Dollar Idea

That's right. I am gonna make a million off of this one. We will sell it at sailnet soon... I just know it.

I am typing it up here so that when Sailaway or Cam try to steal it and market it for their own, I can claim first rights here. Gotta watch out for that sneaky little Pollard too, just so everyone knows.

So here it is:

We were sailing back in a couple of weekends ago, and as usual, I had some sausage on the barbie. Generally I know better, but this time I opened up the top and plop - the little bugger rolled right out and into the drink. THen, a light went off - a self-leveling grill.

You could use a self-leveling radar mount (the expensive hydraulic kind... don't be a cheapskate like Sailingdog). Mount that baby onto the rail. Then mount the grill onto that.

Now, you laugh... but wouldn't that be cool!?? It would be a grill for any tack. Hey... that's what I will name it: A Grill For Any Tack! Maybe on the stbd side, a self-levelling cooler too!?? Wow! That's two million dollar ideas in one day.

So if anyone else has a million dollar idea, post it here. That way you can have FULL credit.

- CD

PS Giu - I will make one out of carbon fiber and send it to your wife. She will like it. Hopefully she is the one that does the bills too.

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2009
NON member

AE28 is on a distinguished road
Brian...
Not to rain on your $1,000,000 parade, but wouldn't it be a lot easier/cheaper to use sausage patties?!?!

Paul
Old 03-20-2009
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
CD, you really need to get out more. There are "fish baskets" and similar devices with different names sold in all kinds of cooking stores. Two wire grills with a hinge on the far side, two wire handles on the near side. You open the handles, put the food in between the griils, close the handles, voila, you've got "captive food" that can be cooked over an open fire without any other grill at all. Or, put on the barby so the food can't roll off, either.

One fish basket, one propane torch, who needs a barby at all? Lighter is faster. Now...for the serious sailor, I'm gonna start making fish baskets out of titanium. (VBG)
Old 03-20-2009
not Sully or Dandelion

MorganPaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE28 View Post
Brian...
Not to rain on your $1,000,000 parade, but wouldn't it be a lot easier/cheaper to use sausage patties?!?!

Paul
Hey pal don't throw water on CD's fire.
Old 03-20-2009
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry

LarryandSusanMacDonald will become famous soon enough
Million Dollar Ideas:

1. Water Soluble Bikinis
2. Wind Generators which actually generate wind
3. Beer chilling straws
4. Any device which would self-repair
5. Rainy day conversion kit

Reality is for people with no imagination.

"A sailboat is a fickle mistress. Youíve got to buy her things. Youíve got to understand everything about her. What you donít know sheíll use against you." -Captain Larry

Old 03-20-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
I knew it... mention the words 'Million Dollar Idea' and Hello would be on that thread like Sailingdog to a soldering Iron.

Now, back to the subject, give me a break! No self respecting griller would stick his sausage in a fish basket (hmm... not sure that sounds right). THen you got all those lines going everywhere. Presentation, Hello, presentation. Where is T37 when I need him?? (probably trying to get a patent on my idea, that's where).

This stuff is NASA level stuff, complete with the price tag to prove it! Tell me you can't see it, eh? Tell me!

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-20-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandSusanMacDonald View Post
Million Dollar Ideas:

1. Water Soluble Bikinis

Reality is for people with no imagination.
Good news Larry... they have already been invented. Just add water and she's yours.

PS - I heard Giu has her phone number.

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-20-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Million dollar ideas?!

Haven't you been reading the news?

It all about trillion dollars nowadays, baby. Million is just lame chump change.

P.S. We have a ritual where at least one braut or sausage must be sacrificed overboard from the grill each time we use it, to appease the gods. Not sure I'd want to tempt the fates by gimballing the grill.

P.S. Good lord CD, I'm seriously tempted to "moderate" that content above.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 03-20-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE28 View Post
Brian...

Paul
I won't even go there!!!

- CD

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 03-20-2009
Sea Dweeb

RanAweigh is on a distinguished road
CD - Why stop there. Why not make a gyro stabilized grill? The added benefit being that it could be sold not only to the pleasure vessel market but to the government as well. Think of the reward you could reap on such a device from a customer that would pay $1148 for a toilet seat. The Gyro-Matic-1500 could be marketed to the Navy for at least 1.2 million each.
Stop thinking small!