Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009

WesterlyPageant is on a distinguished road
Missing Article help

I routinely save all my sailing magazines, but alas Iíve lost one and I really want to see an article again. Maybe you folks have seen the article Iím looking for.

Hereís the catch, I canít remember which magazine it was. I routinely have 48 North, Latitude 38, Cruising World, Latís and Attís, Good Old Boat and Practical Sailor around. I think it was in one of the last two.

The article was about a specific boat and upgrades the owner had done. In the head he used light weight plexi glass sheets and cut them into 1x1 tiles and tiled the head with them. They had a great tile look, but a fraction of the weight.

This was with in the last few months. If anyone knows of the magazine and month, Iíd greatly appreciate the info.

I can just start experimenting, but Iíd like take a second look and maybe even try to see more pictures of the tile job.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2009

Hesper is on a distinguished road
I sorta remember that article and I'm 90% sure it was in Good Old Boat. I'll have a look around and see if I can locate it.
Old 03-31-2009
Caribbean Surveyor

canadianseamonkey is on a distinguished road
I can almost guarantee you that it's not in Lats & Atts, Good Old Boat or Cruising World. I don't remember that article at all and I don't read the other magazines you mentioned. Good luck.
Old 03-31-2009

CBinRI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianseamonkey View Post
I can almost guarantee you that it's not in Lats & Atts, Good Old Boat or Cruising World. I don't remember that article at all and I don't read the other magazines you mentioned. Good luck.
Almost sure it wasn't Cruising World, FWIW.