Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009
Hmmm

Bilgewater is on a distinguished road
So my buddy Brian was secured to our long float near the transient moorage area and this fancy white transient stink pot was ahead of him and the 4 of them were sitting in their fancy white & red spotted deck chairs in a circle on the dock chit-chatting it up. Brian was standing in his galley cooking up some coffee when he spies upon they're little poodle walk over and crap on his excess bow line sitting on the float and he also watches these people pointing at the dog and smiling but doing nothing.

So Brian takes his time, puts his sugar and milk in his coffee, grabs his giant plastic soup spoon and a book and climbs into his cockpit. He stands up straight and stretches his arms out wide making himself quite visible and noticed, then he kicks back in his cockpit with his book.

After about 10 minutes he picks up his soop spoon, casually stepping onto the float and he meanders over to his line. He stoops down and scoops it up and out of the corner of his eye he can see these people watching him and looking sheepish. With the $hit on the stick, he walks over to the edge of the float between the bow of his boat and the bow of theirs where there is a nice open spot of water for dumping it.

He then dumps it on the bow of their boat and casually walks back to his cockpit and continues with his book.

These people said absolutely nothing and were soon on their way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Impulse III
Truant Pilothouse
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-2009

Jim H is on a distinguished road
We never got to properly meet our neighbors, and their boat was for sale. Now it's been gone for weeks, and more than a few slips are open around us. I wonder if people have their boats out for cleaning before "the season" starts, or if they are really gone for good....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aurora, a mighty Cal 20 (Portland, OR)
Southern Rival, a seasoned Rival 34 (Gosport, UK)

Old 04-08-2009

DjY887 is on a distinguished road
My ex-slip neighbor (I've since moved about 12 slips away), is what my kids called the "man-woman"...a cross-dresser. Our first meeting (in full female mode...and who bears a striking resemblance to Twisted Sister's Dee Snyder in high heels) he strikes up a conversation and asks me my name..being polite I ask his. He replies, " I have 2 names...one when I'm a boy...and another if I'm a girl." So I learn to live with this real life cartoon character. But one day, as I'm pulling down the halyards to wash them, he comes out half-n-half....I can handle one or the other....but not this. He comes over to start a conversation and I just pull down both halyards. As I'm walking off the dock, it occurs to me...I didn't use a pilot line!!!
Old 04-08-2009
Midwest Puddle Pirate

US27inKS has a spectacular aura about US27inKS has a spectacular aura about
I'm sure he/she was tickled that you got so flustered by his/her presence. I'm sure the cross dressing serves as much for shock value as anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjY887 View Post
My ex-slip neighbor (I've since moved about 12 slips away), is what my kids called the "man-woman"...a cross-dresser. Our first meeting (in full female mode...and who bears a striking resemblance to Twisted Sister's Dee Snyder in high heels) he strikes up a conversation and asks me my name..being polite I ask his. He replies, " I have 2 names...one when I'm a boy...and another if I'm a girl." So I learn to live with this real life cartoon character. But one day, as I'm pulling down the halyards to wash them, he comes out half-n-half....I can handle one or the other....but not this. He comes over to start a conversation and I just pull down both halyards. As I'm walking off the dock, it occurs to me...I didn't use a pilot line!!!

John USYacht 27 "Cora Lee"
Old 04-09-2009
STARBOARD!!

KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough KeelHaulin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by seayalatermoonglow View Post
So my buddy Brian....grabs his giant plastic soup spoon...stoops down and scoops it up...
Remind me never to eat the soup made by a sailor named Brian
Old 04-09-2009

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about
I was transient at a marina and got up early in the morning. I was sitting in the cockpit relaxing when a girl gets off a go-fast boat and walks down the dock. She's wearing hot pants, seamed stockings and 4" heels. Several times she launches a big loogie into the water. I wonder what bad taste she was trying to get rid of???
Old 04-09-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
It's just a bit of extra protein...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelHaulin View Post
Remind me never to eat the soup made by a sailor named Brian

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-09-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post
I was transient at a marina and got up early in the morning. I was sitting in the cockpit relaxing when a girl gets off a go-fast boat and walks down the dock. She's wearing hot pants, seamed stockings and 4" heels. Several times she launches a big loogie into the water. I wonder what bad taste she was trying to get rid of???
A little extra protein?
Old 04-09-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
What, no photos?? You're slacking... and you don't mention whether she was wearing a top or not. Of course, if she wasn't wearing a top, you might have been a bit distracted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-09-2009

M275sailer is on a distinguished road
I call my neighbours cheech and chong. If you get my drift. You would if you could smell the smoke coming from their cabin every evening. It's a decrepid old steel 40' stinkpot that doesn't leave the dock. They stay on it for the summer. All the low lifes from town find there way round looking for a party etc. When they first showed up I was neighbourly and lent him my dinghy gas can for his runabout he also has. This was Sunday evening as we were leaving and he says he will be sure to fill it up if he needs to use it to go fishing for the evening just in case his tank runs out. I told him that I will leave my storage locker unlocked and he can put it away tommorow and just lock the padlock. I had my dinghy outboard in there and lots of other valuables. Well I come back Friday to leave for a sailing weekend to find my locker still open and no gas can and no neighbour. I have to go into his boat, retrieve my now empty gas can and get it filled before leaving errrrrrrrr!! I come back to my slip sunday, guess where the runabout is left? In MY F****** SLIP. Nice neighbour eh?