SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailneters Are Great People

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  tdw 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I loaned a simple hole saw to a local Sailnet member, LB Davis, so he could install his new solar vent.

About two days ago I left it on my steps for LB to pick up, and this morning when I left for work it had already been returned. What amazed me was that LB also returned it with a six pack of an expensive local micro-brew!! Wow ! Thanks dude!

We do have a really good group of folks within these forums and I just thought you guys might like to know how some of them act. This is above board behavior that makes me proud to be a part of these forums.

LB could have purchased a 4 3/4" hole saw for about the same price as the six pack so his behavior is amazing considering what he borrowed.;);)

#7 ·
Yup...we do have a pretty good bunch here... :)

#11 ·
yeah, I know. Came over to give you some gum and while I waited I smoked some of the pot. Forgot to take the rest of the bag, the Playboys and those faulty rubbers when I left.

oh, btw way, you are out of beer !!

#10 ·
Having met many of the Sailnet community myself, including some with whom I have disagreed with in off topic, I can say my experiences have been nothing but positive. And that includes da Hawg!!!!

#15 ·
Hi All,

I loaned a simple hole saw to a local Sailnet member, LB Davis, so he could install his new solar vent.

About two days ago I left it on my steps for LB to pick up, and this morning when I left for work it had already been returned. What amazed me was that LB also returned it with a six pack of an expensive local micro-brew!! Wow ! Thanks dude!

We do have a really good group of folks within these forums and I just thought you guys might like to know how some of them act. This is above board behavior that makes me proud to be a part of these forums.

LB could have purchased a 4 3/4" hole saw for about the same price as the six pack so his behavior is amazing considering what he borrowed.;);)
Just saw this.

You're right, Maine; SailNetters are good people, and you're a great example. The beer's just a token of thanks for your the volumes you've written and help you've given. (Plus, I had already drank the last Caucasian on the way up from Portland.) :D

...and maybe an attempt to butter you up for some Cupecoy time this summer. ;) ;)

#17 ·
...Oh, and then Captain Wombat off-loads into the loo without flushing and then wipes himself on my new linen curtains... drinks my beer and fills the bottles up with his own wiz, screws the caps back on and puts them back in the refrigerator, wipes his boogers on my freshly painted walls because he's too lazy to fetch a hanky, and then makes a video of himself and my wife in a moment of intimacy! Oh, yeah! Sailnet people are really great!

#18 ·
Hey , Rodents have standards to fall short of after all........eats roots shoots and leaves.....wot can I say..."lifes short" et al....don't you ever let a chance go by...

ps - copies of the video are available for download at www.rancidrodent.com
an exclusive release by Cheap Butt Tacky Productions Inc.
Produced and Directed by Ima Ferrball.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.