Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2009

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
Smacky,
I think you got me mixed up with somebody else.
I don't remember having any good BFS lines.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-27-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
C'mon dude, you sell yourself short! This was one of the best ever - back in the good old FightClub days. It's the only reason I have any respect for you whatsoever! (heh-heh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
Charlie, ya should have been on L Michigan yesterday. We had steady 20knots from the NE. Went out in building seas. (2-4 foot chop quickly building to 4-6)

The Dog got seasick and the wife got mad that I would not head for cover. She got even madder when the words "Suck it Up" came out of my mouth. Than she got really mad when she took and elbow to the forehead as I was trimming the Genny.

Than she laughed about it when we got back in.
She is a great girl.
Old 04-27-2009

tommays will become famous soon enough
When you come here as a newbi its NOT like SA but i have seen plenty of things that were HARSH until you took the time to realize the total picture

And if your going to sling crap in good fun you have to be prepared that NOT everybody is going to get IT and may throw some back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-27-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Tom - that's the truth. I learned that myself on the pointy end.

However, as you might imagine, I will say that I personally think people get a little too tender around here sometimes - firing back with all cannons when a newb spouts off instead of keeping it fun. I don't want this place to be SA - it's great as it is; a really good mix of smack-talk, humor, and TREMENDOUS sailing info and stories - without the in-your-face profanity, etc. of SA. But I've never agreed that a newb has to reach a certain level of posts, or do a certain amount of research, or like certain people, or boats, or macerators, etc. to come on the site and throw down his/her opinions. I don't even care when they are obviously trying to light it up. But when they do so and begin to endure the beat down that inevitably comes with such comments - I say let 'em fight it out. I think that most of the time the return fire is just as harsh as the newbs attempts. And I think the general "troll trigger" around here is too often pulled.

Sure it can get ugly - but just look at the tremendous asset to this forum that I've become after my auspicious entry into the world of Sailnet! (This is the softball pitch, Dog. Oh yeah, you played chess - nevermind.)

Seriously, my recommendation to all lurkers-cum-newbs that tend to be loudmouthed, smacktalking, muckraking, opinionated, blowhards is to take it to FightClub first. Don't spam the whole board with your rant. Keep it focused - then fight it out and see if you can prove your point without going supernova and getting banned. It's way more fun that way.

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-27-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2009

timebandit is on a distinguished road
nah

Mac 25
Copernicus
Southern California
I am not a prejudice racist sexist bigot. I just hate stupid people.
Old 05-04-2009

timebandit is on a distinguished road
not yet

Mac 25
Copernicus
Southern California
I am not a prejudice racist sexist bigot. I just hate stupid people.