SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Need Hank on Jib for Catalina 27 TM (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/54033-need-hank-jib-catalina-27-tm.html)

snider 05-01-2009 04:56 PM

Need Hank on Jib for Catalina 27 TM

I hope this is allowed on the site. The yard and rigging bill was more than I expected and I need a jib to get the boat home offshore and to use until I can save enough boat bucks to buy a new one. Looking for a hank on anywhere from storm to 135%. My e-mail address is
r i c h a r d b r a n d o n s n i d e r @ g m a i l . c o m Thanks

sailingdog 05-01-2009 05:41 PM

Um... are you looking for a free hank on jib??

JimsCAL 05-01-2009 06:12 PM

Since this is just temporary, check a couple of the used sail brokers. A 110 for a Cat 27TM would have a luff of about 34.5' and an LP of about 13.5 '. Anything close to that with hanks will work.

JohnRPollard 05-01-2009 06:34 PM

Brandon,

What happened to your Pacific Seacraft 25?:confused: :eek:

snider 05-01-2009 09:01 PM

I'll pay

No I'm not looking for anything for free, I'll pay fair price. I found a local loft with one listed but it had already sold.

I was dropping to much money into the PSC 25 (about a grand a week), hardly sustainable for my income. I blew through my budget in no time. I grossly underestimated cost and convienience of where to store the boat. If it was in my back yard and I had a shop with about a year it would have been a doable project but it wasn't. I sold it back in Sept/Oct and went travelling with work to save up for this Catalina. I have about the same in this boat right now as I did in the PSC and this one is almost ready to go except sails. Its not the perfect boat but it's livable and it'll get me down to the Bahamas and up and down the east coast until I can save for a more seaworthy design. I learned some good lessons with the PSC, albeit expensive ones haha. It was worth it. Brandon

snider 05-04-2009 10:50 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I've one contact from here about sails and for anyone else looking for Catalina 27 TM sails I've found that Tarten Ten jibs are a pretty close match. The I is a foot shorter but the other measurments are real close. Hopefully I'll be sailing home in a week! New rig and bottom paint....I'm ready to go racing!! Brandon

P.S. John, maybe one day I can get up to the PSC 34!!
Actually I think I'd be just as much if not more happy with the 31. Smaller is better!!

snider 05-07-2009 12:35 PM

Kelly Hanson Sails

Has anyone used this loft? I've been getting quotes for a new set of sails. I want to go with my local UK loft but KH uses the same Deminsion dacron for a third of the price. I would be able to get 4 sails for what it would cost for 2 at UK. Anyone use this loft or have coments?