SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Annapolis Boat Show ?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  sealover 
#1 ·
I was looking at the website for the Annapolis Boat Show and I don't see any trimaran names on there? Why is this does anyone know why they do not put the names of them along with all of the other boat builders? Or is it simple they just aren't going to have them there?

United States Sailboat Show, Annapolis, Chesapeake Bay, Maryland

#2 ·
The economy is in the dumpster and it is still May. Give it some time but until then read my signature, lol

#4 ·
I was at the last one, and the Telstar 28 was there...

#5 · (Edited)
Man you Mono Guys are really funny! Any chance you get you rip on Multihulls! Well go right ahead that is all in good fun to me! I will always laugh and say as a Fly by a mono" why would you want to be a sitting DUCK!"

Some monos are just to FAT and SLOW! Sailing got the wrong reputation that it is all about going slow! You guys are happy when you hit 7knots! Thats funny....

Thank GOD for Multihulls!

#6 ·
SO are we going to have a SAILNET meet ? I missed the last one you guys had, I would like to meet some of you Multihull guys!

Of course I dont have a boat yet, but we always accept a ride?

I do like monos to, dont get me wrong here sailing is sailing!

#7 ·
A lot of the companies that will be there aren't committing to the Annapolis boat show until much closer to the show, since how the economic picture looks and how they're doing economically will have a lot of say in whether they go to the show or not.

The monohull mindset is actually a European mindset... If the Polynesians had conquered the new world, the mindset would probably be that leadmines were incredibly slow and you'd have to be an idiot to want to cart around so much unnecessary weight.

#8 ·
Sailingdog I thought you were in England? You said you were here for the show last year? So nobody is thinking of going to the show this year, because of the economy? Screw the economy going to a boat makes you feel good!

#9 ·
I'm in New England... I'm no damn limey... :)

#10 ·
So your saying you would have sailed over here for the show?

#11 ·
does any one know if the boatshow has hobie cats and are you able to get financing at the show?

#15 ·
It costs money to put a boat in the show. Each year there is one or two trimarans in the water. The show has been down about 25% of the peak number of boats in the past two years and purchases have also decreased. Brokers such as 2Hulls will be there with used boats for sale.You will need a big down paymment for a loan but rates are low but not as low as 5-7 years ago.

#16 ·
well i am talking about 18ft to 21 ft hobie cats, I am not looking to purchase a big cat yet im not retired yet!

#18 ·
They've got everything from plywood canoes you glue together yourself to boats the size (and price) of office buildings. Worth the admission just to go drool over the boats.
A tip: wear shoes you can slip on and off quickly. You have to take them off to tour the boats. My first time there I had lace-up shoes. Big mistake!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.