Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009

codmander is an unknown quantity at this point
stuck onshore

good grief try to start work on my sailboat (33 hunter cheubini) needs a lot of little stuff but Its just not in the cards to launch.. just not gonna happen between yardwork/homeowner crap and 2 kids --forget it --ready to tarp her guess I bought her too early ...christ I'm 50..... meanwhile fighting with neighbors and paying bills I feel like a 1 legged man in a ass kickin contest. .. well its comforting knowing shes sitting there but times runnin out man......
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-2009

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Old 05-24-2009

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Sometimes all you can do is grin and bear it.

Hang in there. I used to think that 50 was old too. Now, not so much. everything in it's time, grasshopper.
Old 05-24-2009

NCC320 is on a distinguished road
50?....in a little over 2 months, I'll hit 70. I single hand the Catalina 320, and look for many more years doing the same. Unless you have something really bad going on, there's plenty of time left. And all that other stuff, most people have to deal with it...that's life. Concentrate on spending time with the kids, they grow up and move on, and soon you'll really miss them (and yes , they can be real pains at times). As for the boat, do it gradually if you have too. Boats age slowly, so there's time.
Old 05-25-2009

timebandit is on a distinguished road
Are you a control freek or a perfectionest??

If not let the wife and kids help.

Sometimes a picnic aboard a stranded boat can raise your spirts.

Don't let little things stop you, so what if the boat is not perfect. If it is safe sail it and soon you will find time to fixx the little things.

Keep the faith.

Mac 25
Copernicus
Southern California
I am not a prejudice racist sexist bigot. I just hate stupid people.
Old 05-26-2009

I guess 50 is still sort of young cept those first few steps getting outta bed in the morning. yea knot hopefully theres still time

I'll never make 70

guess Im a perfectionist with a bit of freaky deacky left over from the 1970s ahh the little things like a mooring on cape cod :_
Old 05-26-2009

great idea about the picnic tho... thanks for all advice and pumpin up after tree work I'm gonna start were I left off on boat
Old 05-26-2009
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Well you may be happy to know that Cherubini is still (or back) in business. located in NJ.

Cherubini Yachts classic sail boats classic speed boats and classic runabouts

there are 2, 33's in my YC so your not alone in the projects.

Each little job becomes a major project but somehow I get em done with help from some great guys in my YC. it can be a lonely feeling watching the boats go by from the cockpit of your boat sitting high and dry. if only i had the energy I had when i was 50!!!!

My boat is for sale.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-26-2009

justified is on a distinguished road
Codmander
Wecome to the club I just turned 54 on sunday. Its all in your head you are as young as you think. My wife and I and family have miles of ocean in front of us. So make the boat safe and sailable the rest will happen on it's own.
Enjoy
Peter
Old 05-26-2009

GreatWhite is on a distinguished road
Codmander, your post and the comments have helped me refocus on my goals. I too have dreams of sailing and get overwhelmed with the process at times.

Generally I have found that invovling my family by making them part of the process has helped a lot. I have encouraged my wife to get here sailing certifications. We have made friends with other families that sail. Sometimes we sail with friends, this is fun and gets us out at times our boat needs repair.

Additionally I focus on what is most important...my family...from here I have found that my dream of sailing has got wind in its sails.

Last edited by GreatWhite; 05-26-2009 at 04:56 PM.