SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Are the other (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/54786-other.html)

Maine Sail 05-29-2009 07:22 PM

Are the other

Does this mean the other Lats & Atts forums are closing..? Hopefully this is just in addition to the other L&A forums..

Lats & Atts forums (LINK)

sailingdog 05-29-2009 07:45 PM

AFAIK, this is in addition to, not in place of... :)

TomandKarens34 05-29-2009 11:55 PM

Funny to see Bob's still hangin' out. I used to read his articles in Biker, one of the custom motorcycle mags, in the early 80's. His path parallels my own. Walked away from the Harleys when grungy bike shops turned into Boutiques. I'm glad to be here working on boats and leaving the road behind. I think I get his mindset. I still like his attitude, lol.

Cruisingdad 05-30-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maine Sail (Post 490675)
Does this mean the other Lats & Atts forums are closing..? Hopefully this is just in addition to the other L&A forums..

Lats & Atts forums (LINK)

It is not a replacement. To the best of my knowledge, they will be keeping theirs open.

Brian

Moonfish 06-01-2009 03:21 PM

The old Lats & Atts bulletin board will not change. This new joint venture between SailNet and Lats & Atts is intended to broaden the respective horizons of each.

And if I know CD, there's more very cool stuff to come for SailNet...

poopdeckpappy 06-01-2009 06:43 PM

Just got this email

PBS to Air Lats&Atts TV starting In New York every week from July 4th thru September 5th!

JimMcGee 06-19-2009 12:10 PM

I also came over from bikes to boats. Sailing gives me a lot of the same things I get from bikes.

I wonder how many others on SailNet have come to boats this way?

poopdeckpappy 06-19-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMcGee (Post 498154)
I also came over from bikes to boats.

Same here

Quote:

Sailing gives me a lot of the same things I get from bikes.
I get less broken body parts, also, I had to adjust from 70 mph though unknown open desert to 5kts over open waters and I had to come to terms with the reality that no matter how hard I tried, I could never preloaded a sailboat enough and jump a swell, however, on occasions, I still stick my foot out when I port or starboard tack

DCClancy 10-20-2009 11:10 PM

Same Here

In the midst of that myself , Boats have been in my life since i was 15 or so , sea cadets on the praries in Sasketchwan, Canada. Bikes there also in '71 , but the biker thing is getting weird in some ways . Now in 57th yr. the boats are having enormous appeal , Where else can you get the biggest thrill and make coffee at the same time , and still being in your own home ? I've never matched the feeling I had on an old converted 12 meter , doing 14 knots !

Anyone want to buy a Harley? ( mine )

MarioG 10-21-2009 07:11 PM

I'm working on going from bugs to boats... I think I would enjoy living and working on boats. I restore old VW's now, Its not like it was years ago alot of lost people have polluted it. I also rode bikes for 20 yrs intill my last one was stolen and I gave up on them.