Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009

oceangirl is on a distinguished road
Good speed!
Erika
I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations Erika!

I do not know you except from your very pragmatic posts on herSailnet which I admit, yes, I go and read herSailnet sometimes too, I think we all do! I have enjoyed reading your posts but somehow I missed the fact that you were about to leave on an extended cruise, I think I believed you were already out there.

I hope you and yours have a great time, you earned it! I think many of us here know that it wasn't easy to get to this point, it takes a lot of preparation and planning, and WORK, to go cruising. I am sure you are filled with emotion since your departure time is so close, I know that I am a bit anxious about leaving and I am not nearly as close to leaving as you are, just trying to imagine pushing away from the dock and being GONE is a pretty big concept.

I look forward to reading your blog and hope you give us some practical advice as you get some water under the keel, especially about day to day life on board, I don't think there is enough written about that. I will have to live vicariously through your posts and blog entries for now.

Have fun!! YOU EARNED IT!

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-02-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Eryka—

The 100 days will pass before you know it... Fairwinds to you and Dan. Keep us posted...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-08-2009
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Thanx all for your good wishes! Hoping to see those of you in the Annapolis area for the party on 9/9/09; or for what's becoming the "annual" SailNet meetup on the Friday night of the boat show.

And WindMagic, I'll take that as a compliment; we've been out there a while, but this'll be the first time I don't have to be back in the office on Monday
Old 06-08-2009
Unpaid Intern

josrulz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryka View Post
Thanx all for your good wishes! Hoping to see those of you in the Annapolis area for the party on 9/9/09; or for what's becoming the "annual" SailNet meetup on the Friday night of the boat show.

And WindMagic, I'll take that as a compliment; we've been out there a while, but this'll be the first time I don't have to be back in the office on Monday
We'll be there, Eryka! We're so excited for you. 9/09/09 will be here before you know it!
Old 06-09-2009
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
WOW, 100 days and counting.. Sounds so wonderful! I cannot wait to read your blog on this great adventure. I will see you at the boat show for sure again. Don't be surprise if I show up with my sail bag in hand, stowaway on the boat.
You must continue to post here, especially on Hersailnet to share your experiences and lessons learned from a woman's point of view. We have all learned so much already from prior post. Fair winds, beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 06-10-2009

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Eryka, I'm happy for you, smiling right now.
Maybe someday we'll meet in a nice harbor.
Fair Winds.......