Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubb2 View Post
Dad, could we have a tread started of just the cover pictures!
HEHE! Funny. Mimsy and the others would burn me at the stake... not to mention what my wife would do!!!!

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-16-2009
Banned

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
HEHE! Funny. Mimsy and the others would burn me at the stake... not to mention what my wife would do!!!!

- CD
Tell your wife she is next months cover picture! That will keep you out of trouble. Anytime I can be of help. You can thank me later.
Old 06-16-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Tell your wife she is next months cover picture! That will keep you out of trouble. Anytime I can be of help. You can thank me later.
How big is your boat again? You got room for a kicked-out dad, two kids, and a bull dog?

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-16-2009
Banned

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
How big is your boat again? You got room for a kicked-out dad, two kids, and a bull dog?
You are welcome on my boat anytime, You know that Dad! If fact it would be fun! Your boys and my youngest son (12). When are you comming this way?
Old 06-16-2009
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
What is really sad is that the "Morality Police" in this country find nothing wrong with the over-the-top violence that is seen in the mass media—shooting up a crowd of people with an assault rifle or chopping them up with a chain saw is fine, as long as you don't show anyone's tits or ass. However, the likelihood of a kid growing up and seeing T & A is far greater than that of them seeing a mass shooting/rampage...
I'm perhaps just a bit obtuse but, I fail to see your point.

If you're referring to slasher movies, etc... I'd guess that they usually have as much T&A as they do gore, though I'm no expert on the subject.

I'm mostly blithely unaware of anyone using over-the-top violence to sell a product other than the exhibition of violence product itself, as in those movies. While I see T&A being trotted out to sell everything from Pirelli tires to sailing magazines, I don't see much in the way of maimed bodies, bloody bayonet equipped assault rifles, or exploding grenades being used to sell much of anything at all. One presumes that the prospective buyer might be much more kindly disposed to the product seeing it displayed with a nubile young maiden versus some rather more violent image.

As to the supposed hypocrisy of displaying or describing violence as it relates to morality you are of course wholly wrong, albeit understandably given what passes for moral debate in our age. You might wish to re-read Hansel and Gretel or some of the other famous, yer terrifying, fairy tales that we've traditionally read to children. Is it unimportant that children have no concept of good and evil, and that both exist? My favorite might be Little Orphan Annie, by James Whitcomb Riley (the inspiration for the now more well-known play), which exhibits violence and fear towards the good service of raising children to behave properly. It's still my daughter's favorite, though I'm not at all sure at what age she realized that goblins do not exist. My fifty year old sister says that the last verse still causes chills to run up and down her spine. Both seem to think they were well served by it's lessons. You may be the judge.

Little Orphant Annie, by James Whitcomb Riley

LITTLE ORPHANT ANNIE

by: James Whitcomb Riley (1849-1916)

INSCRIBED WITH ALL FAITH AND AFFECTION

To all the little children: -- The happy ones; and sad ones;
The sober and the silent ones; the boisterous and glad ones;
The good ones -- Yes, the good ones, too; and all the lovely bad ones.

ITTLE Orphant Annie's come to our house to stay,
An' wash the cups an' saucers up, an' brush the crumbs away,
An' shoo the chickens off the porch, an' dust the hearth, an' sweep,
An' make the fire, an' bake the bread, an' earn her board-an'-keep;
An' all us other childern, when the supper-things is done,
We set around the kitchen fire an' has the mostest fun
A-list'nin' to the witch-tales 'at Annie tells about,
An' the Gobble-uns 'at gits you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!

Wunst they wuz a little boy wouldn't say his prayers,--
An' when he went to bed at night, away up-stairs,
His Mammy heerd him holler, an' his Daddy heerd him bawl,
An' when they turn't the kivvers down, he wuzn't there at all!
An' they seeked him in the rafter-room, an' cubby-hole, an' press,
An' seeked him up the chimbly-flue, an' ever'-wheres, I guess;
But all they ever found wuz thist his pants an' roundabout:--
An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!

An' one time a little girl 'ud allus laugh an' grin,
An' make fun of ever' one, an' all her blood-an'-kin;
An' wunst, when they was "company," an' ole folks wuz there,
She mocked 'em an' shocked 'em, an' said she didn't care!
An' thist as she kicked her heels, an' turn't to run an' hide,
They wuz two great big Black Things a-standin' by her side,
An' they snatched her through the ceilin' 'fore she knowed what she's about!
An' the Gobble-uns 'll git you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!

An' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,
An' the lamp-wick sputters, an' the wind goes woo-oo!
An' you hear the crickets quit, an' the moon is gray,
An' the lightnin'-bugs in dew is all squenched away,--
You better mind yer parunts, an' yer teachurs fond an' dear,
An' churish them 'at loves you, an' dry the orphant's tear,
An' he'p the pore an' needy ones 'at clusters all about,
Er the Gobble-uns 'll git you
Ef you
Don't
Watch
Out!

"Little Orphant Annie" is reprinted from Complete Works. James Whitcomb Riley. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1916.

As to violence in the modern media, I'd certainly make a distinction between gratuitous violence and violence that serves a higher purpose. For instance, the latest Clint Eastwood movie, Gran Torino, is quite violent both in language and action, yet it is difficult to regard it as anything other than a very spiritual movie, in essence, a morality play for adults. You'll have to go elsewhere though for T&A!
Old 06-16-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
You are welcome on my boat anytime, You know that Dad! If fact it would be fun! Your boys and my youngest son (12). When are you comming this way?
Ahhh... but you haven't seen how much my kids eat!!! Not even the Bulldog can keep up!!!

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-20-2009

Packrat is on a distinguished road
It’s funny to me that this conversation came up at all. I see in L & A that MOST of the articles and letters are by women. Complaining about the women on the cover is a perfect example of the old saying, give them an inch and they take a mile. There are many more male sailors than female. Get over it. In fact I will not renew my subscription due to the fact that I want to listen to experiences from other male sailors. The magazine has gone overboard to be politically correct and I’m sick of it. At sailnet it’s always the Admiral told me this or the admiral told me that. Has everyone lost their testicles? The media has brainwashed us into becoming ball less little clones. Everyone has to have the same opinion or they are crude, ruthless terrible people. Listen to the comments about this subject, things like,

Mimsy and the others would burn me at the stake... not to mention what my wife would do!!!! Or How big is your boat again? You got room for a kicked-out dad, two kids, and a bull dog?
At one time, 40 years ago, it was necessary to become more sensitive. The joke is over, it’s fixed and then some. There is nothing wrong to lust after the female form. It is natural! Guys, if you use the terms better half of admiral to describe your wife or girlfriend you may want to get in front of a full length mirror, drop your pants and check to see if the mainstream media has robbed you of your manhood! Just my thoughts.
Old 06-22-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
It’s funny to me that this conversation came up at all. I see in L & A that MOST of the articles and letters are by women. Complaining about the women on the cover is a perfect example of the old saying, give them an inch and they take a mile. There are many more male sailors than female. Get over it. In fact I will not renew my subscription due to the fact that I want to listen to experiences from other male sailors. The magazine has gone overboard to be politically correct and I’m sick of it. At sailnet it’s always the Admiral told me this or the admiral told me that. Has everyone lost their testicles? The media has brainwashed us into becoming ball less little clones. Everyone has to have the same opinion or they are crude, ruthless terrible people. Listen to the comments about this subject, things like,

Mimsy and the others would burn me at the stake... not to mention what my wife would do!!!! Or How big is your boat again? You got room for a kicked-out dad, two kids, and a bull dog?
At one time, 40 years ago, it was necessary to become more sensitive. The joke is over, it’s fixed and then some. There is nothing wrong to lust after the female form. It is natural! Guys, if you use the terms better half of admiral to describe your wife or girlfriend you may want to get in front of a full length mirror, drop your pants and check to see if the mainstream media has robbed you of your manhood! Just my thoughts.
And that is how you treat your wife and has she read this?

- CD

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-22-2009
Big Chicken Baby

Mimsy is on a distinguished road
Why do I get the feeling that Packrat is really used to checking the status of his "manhood" on his own, all by himself because nobody else is interested in doing so?

Our little blog has moved!
Old 06-22-2009
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimsy View Post
Why do I get the feeling that Packrat is really used to checking the status of his "manhood" on his own, all by himself because nobody else is interested in doing so?
I check mine all the time just to get a second opinion.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/54864-would-like-see.html
Posted By For Type Date
SailNet Community - Powered by vBulletin This thread Refback 06-04-2009 06:19 PM