Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway21 View Post
I check mine all the time just to get a second opinion.

...or maybe in the hope that it didn't really stop growing when you did!!
Old 06-22-2009
sv Mary T Pearson P35

sailingmum is on a distinguished road
Guess ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by US27inKS View Post
I saw Bob field this question in an old issue of L&A. He just said that as soon as he sees a good looking guy, he'll put him on the cover. I wouldn't hold my breath.
Since there are plenty of good looking guys around, and he clearly is attracted by women, he must have blinders on.
It would be great to see a couple, attractive because they are just so in love with the joys of sailing. There are plenty of them around.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009

Packrat is on a distinguished road
Mimsy, wow very humorous comment. Here is a news flash! Some women are attracted to a man who doesn’t allow the mass media to form his opinion. Some women actually like to be “ridden hard and put away wet” as the saying goes. Haha. Joke.
Earlier comment from myself…
“Guys, if you use the terms better half of admiral to describe your wife or girlfriend you may want to get in front of a full length mirror, drop your pants and check to see if the mainstream media has robbed you of your manhood! Just my thoughts.”’;

Maybe you didn’t get the memo but I was speaking to the male reader here at that point.
Crusingdad
I treat my wife like a lady and like a friend. To reveal a personal side of myself I will tell you two things. I never call her admiral, boss, better half or whatever the latest fad. Secondly, I never tell terrible jokes about her that put her down. I don’t speak in jest about her like a sitcom that is one put down after another. I stick up for her, verbally, if someone jokes around about her. If she is voicing a belief or option that means a great deal to her I will not voice disagreement (assuming i did not agree). If pressed, I will say I haven’t had time yet to form any conclusions. If within my power I will always help her “save face”.

OK, back to the point, the photo being female on the cover. Wives and ugly women want beautiful women to disappear. They want the admiration and respect without any inconvenience. They aren’t willing to put in the work of self discipline, self control or effort. Beautiful women on the cover sells more magazines and is really the most eye catching for both male & female. Remember who brought this subject up, female. I would like the women here to know that you can not NAG everyone into feeling ashamed of enjoying the female form! I know this will fluster some…oh well.
Sailnet Rocks!
Old 06-25-2009
sv Mary T Pearson P35

sailingmum is on a distinguished road
am I the only one ? But as a generality, it seems to me the men can dish it out but not take it.
So Packrat, you may treat your wife with respect but not the rest of us. Shame on you.
Old 06-25-2009
Big Chicken Baby

Mimsy is on a distinguished road
Packrat, you obviously can not read for context. No one has a problem with beautiful women on the cover as was stated many times. You can not make gross generalizations about women and their motivations without looking silly and uninformed.

The current cover shows a cute girl, in a bikini taking the helm. I have no problem with this- she is an active participant and not merely a deck ornament.

I do not have a problem with jealousy, nor do I have a problem with men (even my husband) enjoying the female form. Again, read for context and try to keep up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Our little blog has moved!
Old 06-25-2009
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimsy View Post
You can not make gross generalizations about women and their motivations without looking silly and uninformed.
Isn't this exactly what you did when you assumed that the "bow babe" was doing nothing? Making a generalization that b/c she was pretty and just standing there that she didn't contribute to anything on the boat other than making it look nice?
Old 06-25-2009
Big Chicken Baby

Mimsy is on a distinguished road
No, I am not making a generalization at all- the photo showed a women doing nothing but sitting. This is not a generalization but an accurate account of what was depicted. Photographs are static, you can "imagine" that she was taking a break after a long day's work but the photo actually showed her doing nothing so the only people making generalizations are the ones ascribing actions to the model other than what was depicted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Our little blog has moved!
Old 06-25-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Sitting is highly under-rated. Margaret Thatcher sat a lot, and nobody told her she was deck fluff. The Queen of England, she sits, and she's important. Sort of.

Please support my
Old 06-25-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
After reviewing this thread, it is apparent that we had to make some changes. I have discussed this thread with Bob. I told him the group concensus was that the members of Sailnet wanted a:
  1. Guy,
  2. Girl,
  3. Bikini,
  4. Eye Candy,
  5. Doing something other than just sitting there.

Done. Ladies and Gentlemen, here is what you get with group concensus. May I present to you Camaraderie:

Lat's and Att's may never be the same...

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-25-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
This is one twisted site. I mean f&%(%#g TWISTED.. .. .....i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/54864-would-like-see.html
Posted By For Type Date
SailNet Community - Powered by vBulletin This thread Refback 06-04-2009 05:19 PM