Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009

Packrat is on a distinguished road
sailingmum-Don't expect me to sit back because you are female. If a woman or man gives me crap I will respond. Maybe you are shocked because women usually get a pass. Look I am not a women hater but I have my opinion. I just would like to point out a concern of mine. Bye
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
After reviewing this thread, it is apparent that we had to make some changes. I have discussed this thread with Bob. I told him the group concensus was that the members of Sailnet wanted a:
  1. Guy,
  2. Girl,
  3. Bikini,
  4. Eye Candy,
  5. Doing something other than just sitting there.
Done. Ladies and Gentlemen, here is what you get with group concensus. May I present to you Camaraderie:

Lat's and Att's may never be the same...

- CD

Ahhhh....DockBoy....I remember that evening well. When you told me I was your dream girl I was so sorry to have to tell you that Bob Bitchin' had first dibs. I thought that night was going to be our little secret. Now I'm afraid Bob will not be pleased with you.
Ouch!

would like to see-bob.jpg
Old 06-26-2009
Midwest Puddle Pirate

US27inKS has a spectacular aura about US27inKS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingmum View Post
Since there are plenty of good looking guys around, and he clearly is attracted by women, he must have blinders on.
It would be great to see a couple, attractive because they are just so in love with the joys of sailing. There are plenty of them around.
Good looks are in the eye of the beholder (or beer-holder as it may be), and I would guess Bob isn't overly stricken with the male gender. A couple, attractive because they are just so in love with the joys of sailing? Seriously? I've seen some really ugly people doing things that they really love to do. They're still really ugly people, just slightly less ugly because they're smiling. Well, maybe not. Teeth help. Unattractive people having a good time isn't going to catch someone's eye from across the store. They're just unattractive people. Hell, you might as well just put me on the cover. Then you could use your issue of L&A for keeping rats off the boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
John USYacht 27 "Cora Lee"
Old 06-26-2009
sv Mary T Pearson P35

sailingmum is on a distinguished road
Yep

YEP... it is..
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
This is one twisted site. I mean f&%(%#g TWISTED.. .. .....i2f
sick and twisted sometimes...

sail on .... i don't give a hoot what's on any cover... just rather look at boats
Old 06-28-2009

kjango is on a distinguished road
Going back to the original post & maybe pointing out the obvious . It is what it is . You certainly don't have to buy the mag . It reminds me of women who come aboard my boat & the seemingly endless litany of things that should be changed on her & things I need to do to improve my life . It would be nice to have a woman come aboard , sit down , sip her drink , display some modicum of civility , & enjoy the day as most of my male guests aboard do or maybe even do something that actually helps . The woman guests aboard that are welcome back are on a real short list for the same tendency reflected in your post .
Old 06-29-2009
Banned

cherev is on a distinguished road
Maybe someone should post a 'urabon' image or two, then? That could serve both audiences. Seriously, though, what gets published is that which is both photographed and sent in, and males photograph what looks best (next to their boat), and that ain't likely to be other guys. Opening this subject is likely to bring out the militant deviants - was that the real intent?
Old 07-01-2009
Colorado Sailor

MtnMike is on a distinguished road
To me it's sad to see this kind of contraversy going on here. The cover was not some photo shoot to make a woman look like deck fluff. This was some guy who sent a piture in of his girlfriend or wife or even taken by her son. Who knows? I'm sure they were thrilled and proud to be chosen for the cover. I'm also sure they would be disappointed to read that they are being called noncontributing, worthless, silicone laden, deck fluff by the readers here. If you want to see other cruising pictures, there is a gallary of lots of pitures folks have sent in. The bottom line is, it's Bob's magizine, he can put any picture he wants to on the cover. He apparently likes hot looking babes on the covers of his mag. So do I.
Old 07-31-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Now HERE'S a hotty:

Don't you just love the sexy attitude with that swingin' pfd?

This is the way I usually see women on my boat...fully clothed and ready to jump overboard.
Old 08-01-2009

chall03 will become famous soon enough
LOL. I just saw the same ad today in Lats and Atts as I was avoiding varnishing by having a sneaky beer at the yacht club bar

The first thing I thought of when I saw madam in her gorgeous little PFD was this thread!

I must say though, that there is ALOT of great content now in Lats and Atts. I was expecting the mag to come across as far more chauvinistic that the couple of issues I flicked through today did.

Our Blog: Aussie cruising family

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
What a funny thread...

I didn't see the pic in question but lets all face it, even when you look as hot as my dog "Lucky" (a paid model), you have to put things in perspective.

How many times have you seen a woman rush up to magazine rack because , "Oh My god he IS Hot and a SAILOR"... nope they are more likely (men too) to gravitate to that mag has Angelina Jolie breaking up with Brad for the 100th time because between the two sexes they think they have a shot or would like to believe so...

If sex really sold this pic would have my C-27 out the door by 8:00 am tomorrow:

Do you really think she was at the helm or did I have autopilot locked and ready to go....

S/V "
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or

Last edited by artbyjody; 08-01-2009 at 10:54 PM.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/54864-would-like-see.html
Posted By For Type Date
SailNet Community - Powered by vBulletin This thread Refback 06-04-2009 05:19 PM