Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009
Midwest Puddle Pirate

US27inKS has a spectacular aura about US27inKS has a spectacular aura about
I saw Bob field this question in an old issue of L&A. He just said that as soon as he sees a good looking guy, he'll put him on the cover. I wouldn't hold my breath.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
John USYacht 27 "Cora Lee"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2009
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
One could bring up the cliche about not judging a book by it's cover ......

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

Old 06-01-2009

nk235 is on a distinguished road
Not even sailing magazines but even when you walk into any magazine store 90% of the magazines have scantily clad women on the cover and most of them are magazine made for females! So lay off Latts & Atts! Arghhh
Old 06-01-2009
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Cosmo - Home of the Cleavage cover

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 06-01-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Knotty HAS Six Pack Abs...just ask the Wench who forwarded this photo!!

would like to see-6-pack-abs-tattoo-41120.jpeg
Old 06-02-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
What da .. ??

Does anybody go around complaining that "Cosmo" has too much stuff about women's clothing in it, or that "Bride" doesn't have enough men's marriage advice in it, or that Oprah doesn't have enough adventure and sports stories ? Lats & Atts caters to men ?? GREAT!!!!!!!! We have a whole magazine to ourselves!!!!

Male is a GENDER, completely separate from female, that's why we use different words for them, hmm ... or at least why we put the "fe" on the beginning of one of them.

Please support my
Old 06-02-2009
Big Chicken Baby

Mimsy is on a distinguished road
Sorry, I thought Latts and Atts was for Cruisers, not cruising men. I like buying a cruising or sailing magazine that focuses on just that. I DO like Latts and Atts more light hearted approach to the material which is why I purchase it.

Cosmo is a womens magazine. I think its lame, so I don't buy it but it is specifically geared for women. I have no problem with Playboy, that's a magazine specifically geared for men. On Playboy, I expect to sees cantily clad women because it is in context.

Our little blog has moved!
Old 06-02-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
And bikini clad women aren't in context when cruising in tropical locales???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimsy View Post
Sorry, I thought Latts and Atts was for Cruisers, not cruising men. I like buying a cruising or sailing magazine that focuses on just that. I DO like Latts and Atts more light hearted approach to the material which is why I purchase it.

Cosmo is a womens magazine. I think its lame, so I don't buy it but it is specifically geared for women. I have no problem with Playboy, that's a magazine specifically geared for men. On Playboy, I expect to sees cantily clad women because it is in context.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-02-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Go to Latitude 38. Those guys print eye candy for women once in a while. I know of one specifically that was Feb. of 95. It was a Christmas card titled DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS......LMAO..i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 06-02-2009
Big Chicken Baby

Mimsy is on a distinguished road
My issue has more to do with the fact that the cover in question shows a bikini clad woman doing...nothing. Perching on the bowsprit, doing...nothing. A bikini clad woman at the the helm, or hoisting a sail or fishing or anything would be completely different than a passive glamour shot which only makes a strong argument in favor of my opinion that sailing can at times be a bit of a "boys club".

To each his own I suppose. Maybe I need to start a sailing magazine for women- Total Bad Ass Chick Sailors. Tania Aebi could be our cover girl, no bikini necessary.

Our little blog has moved!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/54864-would-like-see.html
Posted By For Type Date
SailNet Community - Powered by vBulletin This thread Refback 06-04-2009 05:19 PM