Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011

tip is on a distinguished road
Good to see the young'ins representing! You guys are inspiring, lots of nice boats...

I'm 26 y/o, sailing a San Juan 24. Here in Bellingham, I seem to see a lot of sailors in the 25-35 range, which is nice compared to other places I'm used to. My "plan" is to upgrade to a PH, like a Gulf 32, sail that around the NW for the next 10-15 years, then get a Wauquiez Hood 38 or Pretorien 35 and go cruising... we'll see

Bellingham, WA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-2011

rhsanborn is on a distinguished road
I'm 25. I have a 1978 Morgan Out Island 30' up in Lake Huron in Au Gres, Michigan (due west of the tip of the thumb). We bought it in August. We documented our first, eventful weekend elsewhere in the forums. We're definitely hooked.
Old 01-13-2011

JasonBewley is on a distinguished road
I'm 31 year old and have dreaming of sailing for about 5 years now. I grew up around canoes and inflatables, but never sailed. I purchased what I would consider a capable cruiser and have been working on her for about 2 1/2 years. After getting tired and going broke, I've put the job on hold and purchased an Aquarius 23. Much better boat for Indiana, and still capable enough for the ICW & the Bahamas. I can hardly wait until the snow melts, as this one is actually ready for the water! I should have her upgraded and outfitted before the years end at which time I'm going down the Mississippi and over to Florida for a season. I sure hope my wife likes our new small boat, as the way money is going in my world we may end up liveaboards whether she is ready or not
Old 01-13-2011

omaho5 is on a distinguished road
I'm 65 and young. Keep it simple with a 22 CD. When I am not working as a painting contractor I sail about three times a week.
I can do my age in non stop push ups.. You ?
Old 01-14-2011

kmp1284 is on a distinguished road
I'm 26, currently boatless(besides a Laser) however I'm actively looking for a fast bluewater cruiser with liveaboard capabilities(thinking J/44 at the moment). I've managed to find a job that allows me the freedom to conduct business almost exclusively from home, or wherever I chose to be for that matter and I'm in the process of selling my condo in Boston and hopefully I'll be aboard full time by May to enjoy the summer in New England and then head south next Fall.
Old 01-17-2011

DamonVT is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Omaho for having the right priorities and staying fit and free to sail!

I'm 29 and have a Ranger 33 on Lake Champlain.
Old 01-17-2011
Landlocked Member

richeperkin is on a distinguished road
I learned to sail when I was 12 back in the UK, haven't been on a sailboat since my 24th birthday. . .until three weeks ago, when I bought a 1975 23' Ranger. . .haven't taken her out yet, but just going out to the marina of a weekend, cleaning her up, taking measurements for teak replacement and the extensive re-wiring I'm going to gives me a sh!t-eating grin for the rest of the week. I'll be 31 sometime in the next couple of days, but who's counting. . .
Old 01-26-2011
in over my head

sync is on a distinguished road
I'm 22, I liveaboard a work in progress Catalina 27.... I don't know if I'm ever going to crave land again....(just about to spend big $$ at the boat yard).... Still no regrets! I come from a family up North who couldnt be less interested in boats...It's great to see this thread, I thought I was alone being under 30 and doing this... I'm hoping to do some light cruising soon....
Old 01-26-2011

sausagebarn is on a distinguished road
I am 36 with 3 kids (does that make me older or younger, I often wonder). We have a '74 Catalina 22' (since '09) and we go out as least twice a month on overnight trips around the puget sound in the sumer. I try to go out at least once a week solo. This sumer we will go out on our first week long (perhaps more) sailing adventure in the San Juans.
We are often the only family out there and for sure the only family not on a mega yacht...
Old 01-26-2011

Paladin27 is on a distinguished road
My wife and I are 32 and 30 and we just bought our first sailboat late this past summer along with a friend of ours who is 35. We are by FAR the youngest sailors in our marina, at least that we've met so far. We have a slip in South Haven, MI and it seems that area is skewed toward the older mindset.

I had no idea I would like sailing until a friend of ours invited us out on his Cat 24. I had considered buying a power boat before that excursion, but there is just something about sailing that clicked with me! We already enjoyed our short season from August to October with our 1987 Hunter 23! Counting down the days till it's back in the slip!