SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Long Island Sailnet meet-up - Friday June 19th in Huntington

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  CalebD 
#1 ·
Dinner in Huntington on June 19th. Smackeroni is flying in. Who else is in?

Any good suggestions where we ought to go?

Regards

#2 ·
Bump. Is everyone out sailing or something? PM me if you are planning to go to dinner Friday.

Regards

#3 ·
I won't be able to go to the dinner as I'm sailing out to Greenport this weekend but what about doing a meetup on the boats one weekend? We could do it in Huntington Harbor or Northport at the Town Dock or even Port Jeff one weekend? I think that would be cooler as we could check out everyones boat and make a weekend out of it? Just an idea.

#10 ·
That a great idea. Saturday the 27th in Port Jeff would work. I'll finally have the boat in the water and will be headed to Montauk that very weekend.

Smack -- a burger sounds good.

#6 ·
Smack - sorry if I came off sounding rude that I didn't want to go. I would love to meet you guys and grab a beer but this weekend I will be on the water as of Thursday till Sunday so won't be able to make it to Huntington - NOT because you are the Barak Obama of Sailnet ;) . I just thought for another time it would be cool to make a weekend out of it and bring the boats as well. We could organize it ahead of time and make reservations at one of the marinas and have a "Sailnet Rendesvous" where we just bbq and hang out, check out the boats and have a good time and spend the night on the boats.

Anyway hope you guys have fun.

#13 ·
Good point. I know people who sell Christmas trees. You can't get them to do anything in late November or early December. Once Christmas hits, they vacation for a month!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.