SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Long Island Sailnet meet-up - Friday June 19th in Huntington (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/55080-long-island-sailnet-meet-up-friday-june-19th-huntington.html)

Bene505 06-07-2009 11:15 PM

Long Island Sailnet meet-up - Friday June 19th in Huntington

Dinner in Huntington on June 19th. Smackeroni is flying in. Who else is in?

Any good suggestions where we ought to go?

Regards

Bene505 06-16-2009 02:47 PM

Bump. Is everyone out sailing or something? PM me if you are planning to go to dinner Friday.

Regards

nk235 06-16-2009 03:20 PM

I won't be able to go to the dinner as I'm sailing out to Greenport this weekend but what about doing a meetup on the boats one weekend? We could do it in Huntington Harbor or Northport at the Town Dock or even Port Jeff one weekend? I think that would be cooler as we could check out everyones boat and make a weekend out of it? Just an idea.

WanderingStar 06-16-2009 04:50 PM

Loves the raftup idea. Can't make it friday either, Jane has a campaign meeting (required attendance for me).

smackdaddy 06-16-2009 08:21 PM

Bene, dude, I appreciate the optimism and kindness. But it's me. Smackdaddy. I'm not like a globally loved figurehead, like Barak O or something. I'm thinking you and me should just grab a burger and a beer.

nk235 06-16-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 497172)
Bene, dude, I appreciate the optimism and kindness. But it's me. Smackdaddy. I'm not like a globally loved figurehead, like Barak O or something. I'm thinking you and me should just grab a burger and a beer.

Smack - sorry if I came off sounding rude that I didn't want to go. I would love to meet you guys and grab a beer but this weekend I will be on the water as of Thursday till Sunday so won't be able to make it to Huntington - NOT because you are the Barak Obama of Sailnet ;) . I just thought for another time it would be cool to make a weekend out of it and bring the boats as well. We could organize it ahead of time and make reservations at one of the marinas and have a "Sailnet Rendesvous" where we just bbq and hang out, check out the boats and have a good time and spend the night on the boats.

Anyway hope you guys have fun.

smackdaddy 06-16-2009 08:58 PM

No problem nk. Just desperately trying to save face. These Easties are a tough crowd.

BTW - NY is pretty freakin' cool.

T37Chef 06-16-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bene505 (Post 497074)
Bump. Is everyone out sailing or something? PM me if you are planning to go to dinner Friday.

Regards

Did it ever occur to you that maybe its because the Smack is coming...I'm just saying????:laugher

sailingdog 06-16-2009 09:07 PM

LOL, ain't that the truth...
Quote:

Originally Posted by T37Chef (Post 497191)
Did it ever occur to you that maybe its because the Smack is coming...I'm just saying????:laugher

Bene505 06-17-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nk235 (Post 497089)
I won't be able to go to the dinner as I'm sailing out to Greenport this weekend but what about doing a meetup on the boats one weekend? We could do it in Huntington Harbor or Northport at the Town Dock or even Port Jeff one weekend? I think that would be cooler as we could check out everyones boat and make a weekend out of it? Just an idea.

That a great idea. Saturday the 27th in Port Jeff would work. I'll finally have the boat in the water and will be headed to Montauk that very weekend.

Smack -- a burger sounds good.