SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (
-   -   Nassau, Bahamas to Charleston or Beaufort, tomorrow (

labatt 06-09-2009 02:48 PM

Nassau, Bahamas to Charleston or Beaufort, tomorrow
We'll, we've thoroughly enjoyed our time in the Bahamas, but now that rainy season is upon us it's time to head north. Our original plan was to head to Ft. Lauderdale and do some work there, but another boat we first met in Charleston showed up here yesterday and they are heading right back up there tomorrow. We're going to buddy boat with them and will be leaving tomorrow for the 540nm trek back north. I posted some more info on our blog, and you can follow along with our SPOT track in realtime. Just follow the "Tracking us" link on the right hand side of our blog page.

Our blog is at s/v Pelican - Following A Dream.


MMR 06-09-2009 02:58 PM

Fair winds! We'll be following your SPOT!

jorgenl 06-09-2009 03:02 PM


Your blog is a true inspiration!

In about a years time I will hopefully do the same passage. Can't wait.

Fair Winds / Jorgen

camaraderie 06-09-2009 03:04 PM

Ditto Labatt...fair winds and safe passage!

Valiente 06-09-2009 03:10 PM

You may run into my wife in Charleston, Labatt, as she left with her skipper, her fellow crew and a new boom from Port St. Lucie today, headed for Charleston. Fair winds.

imagine2frolic 06-09-2009 05:05 PM

I love going north in the stream this time of year....WHEW the miles pass by quickly...Have fun, and sail safe.....i2f

Melrna 06-09-2009 05:16 PM

I was hoping you would stop by again in Miami where we can raft up again.. Darn the luck. So fair winds, smooth seas and hope the barbie pole catches a big one in the gulf stream. Give the family my best!

labatt 06-09-2009 06:53 PM

Thanks all.

Melissa - we had planned on being in FL again, but time got away from us, a weather window presented itself and here we are, loading the dinghy on the foredeck. We'll see you again next November or, if you come up to Annapolis for the boat show, we'll see you there!

Valiente - We'll look for her. We expect to arrive on Saturday as long as we don't have to duck in someplace else. Hopefully the weather will be stable.

Valiente 06-10-2009 11:06 AM

She's on S/V Veleda IV, an old Ontario 32 with, I suspect, a very new looking boom.

WanderingStar 06-10-2009 11:18 AM

Wish you better weather than I had last month, and as many smiles.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome