Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Thanked 79 Times in 74 Posts
Rep Power: 14
For me personally, it depends if I plan on day sailing, or if I have a definite destination.
For a day sail with my family, any rain harder than a sprinkle and we won't go. And, if the wind is going to be 20+ we won't go. If it's just me, I'll go out in a steady rain but not a real hard rain. And I don't mind wind up to 25 kts, more than that and I'll stay home.
For a cruise type destination, not much holds me back. Wind higher than 25 kts would, as would downpours, but that's about it.
That being said, wish me luck because on Sunday I leave a for a 4-5 day trip from my home port to NYC and back again.
Deep Blue C, 2002 C&C 110
Mt. Sinai, NY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.