Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Cape May-Atlantic Highlands-LI Sound and Block Island

Our much anticipated pilgramage 9 (we travel to NE most summers) begins in 10 days on July 10. Our anticipated stops include Cape May, Barnegat Lighthouse, Atlantic Highlands, through Hell Gate to Northport Harbor , Port Jefferson, Westbrooke Harbor, Mystic Seaport (July 17 and 18), Block Island (July 19 and 20), Guilford, Huntington Harbor, Atlantic Highlands, Barnegat Lighthouse, Cape May (July 24 and July 25th) and then back home to our club on the Chesapeake in Rock Creek.

There is plenty of flexibility for change and weatherdates if necessary, but this is our tenative schedule with only Mystic, Block Island and Cape May on the return trip with semi set dates.

I have the Mapteck Embassy Guide but we would love to hear of great stories, recommendations on restaurants and experience with any of these ports. I have been at various times to all of them over the years, but would like to hear of things to see, places to eat and places to moor, anchor or even take a slip. We have reservations in Utchs (Cape May) where we have stayed a dozen times and also for the two nights at the Mystic Seaport. ( If you are a member of the Seaport the seconmd night slip is free for once a year and you get reduced rates and free admission..a good deal).

We would also love to meet up with any of our extended sailnet family if we are going to be in your area when you are out. Would be nice to put a friendly face ( or scarey one) to the comments I read here.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2009

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
We may cross paths, I leave Milford Harbor on the 11th and head east to Buzzards Bay and Martha's Vineyard, returning to Milford on the 19th.
What is your boat's name? Mine is Slight Breeze.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 06-29-2009

Haleakula ..Hawaiian for House of the Rising Sun. It is the principal volcano/ mountain which makwe up the island of Maui. My wife and I got married on the beach in Makenna in from of it. Lotsof Maui visitors go up it at 3 AM in a van and wait for its famous sunrise ceremony and ride down Haleakula 38 miles and 12 temeprate zones to the beach. Would be our please to share a drink or bottle of red.

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 06-29-2009

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
OK, how do you pronounce Haleakula?

's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 06-29-2009

Dennis..Good question as we have heard other "butcher" it on the VHF and get tounge tied. Ha..lay..ahhhk...ew....la

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Old 06-29-2009

Chef2, wish me luck with that. I may just call Chef2.

's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 06-30-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Denby is known to have trouble with any words with more than two syllables.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Denby is known to have trouble with any words with more than two syllables.
BITE ME!!!!!!

's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 06-30-2009
old guy :)

rikhall will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Our much anticipated pilgramage 9 (we travel to NE most summers) begins in 10 days on July 10. Our anticipated stops include Cape May, Barnegat Lighthouse, Atlantic Highlands, through Hell Gate to Northport Harbor , Port Jefferson, Westbrooke Harbor, Mystic Seaport (July 17 and 18), Block Island (July 19 and 20), Guilford, Huntington Harbor, Atlantic Highlands, Barnegat Lighthouse, Cape May (July 24 and July 25th) and then back home to our club on the Chesapeake in Rock Creek.
Dave
Dave

We just brought our Irwin Citation 34 from Annapolis to New Brunswick, Canada. The trip blog is at:

Mystery - the Trip Home

and in it we tell it like we found it. Some places we will not go back to, ever, and some we will visit again for sure. If there is anything where you want more specifics, email me or PM me.

Rik
Old 06-30-2009

fdefran12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post

There is plenty of flexibility for change and weatherdates if necessary, but this is our tenative schedule with only Mystic, Block Island and Cape May on the return trip with semi set dates.

I have the Mapteck Embassy Guide but we would love to hear of great stories, recommendations on restaurants and experience with any of these ports. I have been at various times to all of them over the years, but would like to hear of things to see, places to eat and places to moor, anchor or even take a slip. We have reservations in Utchs (Cape May) where we have stayed a dozen times and also for the two nights at the Mystic Seaport. ( If you are a member of the Seaport the seconmd night slip is free for once a year and you get reduced rates and free admission..a good deal).

We would also love to meet up with any of our extended sailnet family if we are going to be in your area when you are out. Would be nice to put a friendly face ( or scarey one) to the comments I read here.

Dave
Thanks for your feedback for my journey to Barnegat last week it proved very helpful. My wife Cathy and I keep our sloop at Liberty Landing in Jersey City, just off where the Hudson meets the East River. We've been to Atlantic Highlands twice there's a nice municipal marina with a diner and a restaurant nearby. the facilities are clean and the town is a short walk from the dock, there are a number of restaurants and services. Last year we stayed in Northport and it is just lovely, there's a dinghy dock at the municipal marina and plenty of restaurants around.
My email is fdefran12@juno.com if you would like any further info.
Happy sailing.