Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Oriental to Beaufort & Cape Lookout over the 4th

We are headed from Oriental to Beaufort on Friday morning... staying at the Beaufort town docks on the waterfront. Stop by and say hello if you get the chance! Saturday we plan on heading to Cape Lookout and hoping there is a spot to anchor out there... i expect it will be busy. We may just stay in Beaufort the whole time depending on weather.

We've been out to Cape Lookout before but never into Beaufort via Gallant Channel & Russell Slough. I know that area can be tricky but we only draw 3'4" so that helps. We are aware of the Beaufort Bridge and it's time tables... every half hour i believe... call on VHF 13.

Any suggestions or advice for navigating that area? What about Beaufort channel on the way out from the dock? Should we worry about timing with the tide and currents?

Any input is welcome... i'm a little behind on doing my research for this trip. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

jackytdunaway is on a distinguished road
We are leaving tomorrow and going back home. i hate i missed you. Going into Beaufort to eat tonight. We'll give a toast to your successful journey
Old 07-01-2009
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the toast Jacky... hopefully we can catch up later this summer. I'm still thinking about a good time to do a SN/AS meet up... there are a few boats around and it would be fun to get a few of us out on the river.

Old 07-06-2009
'87 Pearson 27'

jackytdunaway is on a distinguished road
Well how did the trip go?