marina in the tampa area - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-04-2009
wassupkris

marina in the tampa area

Hi, I am looking for a marina in the tampa area that i could find a wet slip for my sailboat for a few months while living on it. If anyone has any suggestions , it would be much appreciated. thanks

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-05-2009

I live in Tampa, and could tell you that just finding a marina with available slips is hard (let alone liveaboard). All the marinas doentown have 5-10 year wait lists. Ant they are EXPENSIVE. Try you might have better luck over in Pinellas County. Also, post on craigslist (or similar). When I was looking for a place to keep my boat I found there were a lot of people who live on lagoons that have open dock space. With the economy how it is, people are looking for any way possible to bring in extra $$, so might be more willing to let you live behind their house.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-05-2009
Daysailor wannabe cruiser

St. Petersburg Marinas

HEy look at St. Petersburg Municiple Marina. I believe there are open slips now for boats 28' and under. The larger slips are still 2 years out.

Harborage Marina St. Petersburg has open slips just stopped in there the other day. More expensive but much nicer with pool and several service facilities right by.

Check Pasadena marina. Also has some 27' and under available.

Gulfport marina may have some also.

O'neils marina has some too I think.

Regatta Point in Palmetto has slips

Try Apollo beach area.

Any wet slips in Tampa are out of the question from what I have heard
post #4 of 4 Old 07-05-2009
"Nevis Nice"

If Bradenton isn't too far away for you, look at Twin Dolphins Marina. Well managed by friendly folks and very nice facilities.

Hud

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.