SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   What's up with SailTime Annapolis? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/55932-whats-up-sailtime-annapolis.html)

H28 07-05-2009 01:30 PM

What's up with SailTime Annapolis?

Does anyone know the current situation with SailTime's Annapolis base? I was considering joining, but it appears they may be out of business. Their phone has been disconnected and a sign on the doors says they are 'on vacation'. Emails to the Annapolis base & to SailTime headquarters have not been returned.

sailtimerep 07-05-2009 06:45 PM

It does seem like the owners of SailTime Annapolis have closed their doors. I say this because we received news of the situation just about the way everybody else did; through an email sent our at midnight on June 30th.
However, once they quit, if they've quit, then the territory reverts back to
The SailTime Group, who has no intention of abandoning the territory or the members of the base. It is unfortunate that this happened over this beautiful holiday weekend. I am confident that as soon as we can get some resolution from the attorneys, we will move swiftly to put ST Annapolis back into an active concern. The sign on the door of the apparent former license holder's office clearly provides contact information for members and those inquiring at the address. Stay tuned for more information as soon as we have it.

ChesapeakeBayCatalina 07-13-2009 05:46 PM

SailTime Annapolis

I was a member of Sailtime Annapolis for several years. I really enjoyed it and thought it offered a fair value until they started making a few changes to increase their revenue; thus reducing my potential sailing time. The base owners are great folks and I wanted to see them succeed. I don't know all the details of why or what will happen next but I plan on keeping my ears open with the possibility of rejoining if there's an attractive restructure plan. If you put 7 members on a boat and charge them $8k/yr I would think you could operate a boat with some profit on $56K/yr. I wish I had 2 or 3 other reliable folks to start an LLC. Even with a 4 partner LLC the boat would still sit there 50% of the time. In any case, sorry I went off on a tangent. I'll be interested to see how this one plays out. Good luck to T & P owners of Sailtime Annapolis.

geobone 07-13-2009 06:23 PM

Annapolis is in the midst or a restructure

Thanks to those that have inquired about SailTime Annapolis. The SailTime Annapolis location has closed its doors on a temporary basis as it restructures and is evaluating new management options. The base closed it's doors abruptly on July 1 without notice. The situation has been under review since and is being reviewed to determine the best and most appropriate course of action for the benefit of the customers that were impacted by this event. Of you have any questions please feel free to contact us at info@sailtime.com. Thanks in advance.

WindPathAnnapolis 07-16-2009 05:19 PM

WindPath Annapolis is Still Going Strong

WindPath is still operating in Annapolis. All members of ST that are out of boat are invited to contact me. We'll make it easy for you to switch. Google "WindPath" to find our website and go there for contact info.

geobone 08-03-2009 05:02 PM

After a month of working through some transitional matters the SailTime Annapolis location is back up and running and business has been restored to a normal operational status. For those that have inquired thanks for your patience and you should have been contacted and if not please let us know and we will reach out to you asap. Please contact us at info@sailtime.com and we will be sure to connect you to the right party. Thanks again!