Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009
1977 Morgan OI 30

Joesaila is on a distinguished road
Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by denby View Post
Joesaila,

What day were you there? I was there on Monday and Wednesday.
We 'blew' in on Wed. afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised if your boat is in one of our pictures!

Bene505 We likely passed!

Last edited by Joesaila; 07-23-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2009

tweitz is on a distinguished road
Bene505 --
Where do you keep your boat in Montauk. We will probably head over there for dinner later this week (probably by car, not boat), if you are around, maybe we can say hello.
Old 07-23-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesaila View Post
We 'blew' in on Wed. afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised if your boat is in one of our pictures!

On Sunday (7/19/09) in the Small Craft Advisory we went from MV (Edgartown) to Block in 14 hours. It seemed like there was a whole fleet of boats passing us running downwind - and having a much better time than we were. Were you one of those boats?

We did Block to Montauk the next day (in light wind) but saw hardly anyone.
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing, anchors, batteries, rode length, fridge-or-not, freezer-or-not, and guns-on-board. I don't know why. It's a mystery!
Old 07-23-2009

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
Hi Bene, That ketch you saw was probably setting a mizzen staysail.
"One couple had a ketch with this spinnaker-looking think on the mizzen that went out and also across the cabin top. "
BTW, It is good to be able to vicariously enjoy everyones cruise around these parts this past wek or so. I was suppose to sail my Freedom 33 SEASOP, in accompany with Pete on his Pearson 30 SEASPRITE from sHELTER iSLND TO Montaulk, Block. Cuttyhunk and then the Canal to Plymouth and back. Instaead, I am hold up in my boat at my slip in Greenport wearing a neck Brace after being rearended in my 91' Capri by a tractor trailor last weekend on the LIE 495. I did just hear from Pete anchored off Plymouth an hour or so ago. Well, I am glad for Sailnet and being able to read threads like this and enjoy what others are doijng this past week in my neck of the woods. Fair winds all, Rick
Old 07-23-2009

denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough denby is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesaila View Post

We were there on Wednesday, in the back (northwest corner) at anchor. Look for a gray hull O'Day 302. Where were you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be careful or i will do what the voices tell me to do
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To get the most from Sailnet, follow the link in
's signature.

Hey stuffit "Get a life"
Old 07-24-2009
1977 Morgan OI 30

Joesaila is on a distinguished road
Headed back on Flyday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bene505 View Post
On Sunday (7/19/09) in the Small Craft Advisory we went from MV (Edgartown) to Block in 14 hours. It seemed like there was a whole fleet of boats passing us running downwind - and having a much better time than we were. Were you one of those boats?

We did Block to Montauk the next day (in light wind) but saw hardly anyone.
We started back twd Buzzards Bay on Friday the 17th but had a similar 'ride'. We actually entered the Sakonnet river Friday afternoon, or more accurately 'surfed in' We had to contend/negotiate the 'fish traps'. Those things are more 'boat traps' than fish traps. Man, I'd hate to negotiate those things at night!
Looking back, I'd rather have done an overnight on Block and as someone else suggested, just made shorter trips. 20 mile days would be much easier because the wind seemed to really blow [more than I like] every afternoon.