Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009

systemek is on a distinguished road
Maui surprise

Hi all. I am not new to sailing but new to Sailnet. I hope this question is not too far out, but I was planning on getting engaged in maui soon and I was wondering if anyone knew any good sailboat charters or individuals for the occasion. I would like to hoist a banner with my proposal in the main or unfurl in the Jib....Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemek View Post
...I would like to hoist a banner with my proposal in the main or unfurl in the Jib....Thanks for your help!!
Can't help on charters in Maui, but just make sure you affix the banner to the starboard side of the jib and unfurl on starboard tack.

Best of luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 07-08-2009

systemek is on a distinguished road
Haha! Excellent advice. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2009

jephotog is on a distinguished road
I know Maui

I am getting married there in about 30 days. So I have been searching of all the fun things to do and obviously looked at sailing. I have not been able to find a small boat available. Only big impersonal dinner cruises or snorkeling adventures available. There is a lot of cool things to do there and even a yacht club that maybe you can find a hook up there. No small charters though as far as i could find. Good luck in your search for a cool way to propose.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-09-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Charter boats are rare, because of the seas. I went through this years ago looking for a rental. There was none to be had.

Bareboat chartering in Hawaii, perhaps the best in the world (part one)

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 07-09-2009

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
We got married on the beach in Makenna, maui years ago hence thename of our C&C is Haleakula (the principal mountain (volcano) on Maui.

In Maaleaea Harbor (near Kihea) as I rememeber there are some smaller sailboats for charter. It is where the Pacific Whale Foundation also sails their boats for snorkeling to Molikini. Very few small boats in Maui...the wind is huge there in the channel between Maui and Lanai.

You can always go to Lahina Harbor and take the old Americas Cup boat Austrailia II for a ride. You go in the afternoon and its a lesurly 10 knots till they hit the wind line. Its a fun trip and worthwhile to any sailor. Its an old 12 meter boat and youll go faster than on any sailboat youve ever been on (excepting a cat).

Good luck,

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 07-09-2009
SSQ74

pontiakos is on a distinguished road
Try the Alii Nui

It has been a few years since I was on it, but we used to take it every year, great boat and crew...the Kea Lani use to own it. It is a catamaran around 40ft...call the Kea Lani, I am sure they will have the contact information, the crew used to be all female (seahorse tatoo's never looked so good). Congratualtions..
Old 07-09-2009
Lost on the water...

wright1d is on a distinguished road
There is a sailboat there called the scotch mist (maybe a 40ft boat) or something that the local booking agents know about. As I recall they were docked near Hilo Hatties? We have been out with them a couple times and I bet they would help you?

Another option is the rainbow chaser (its a cat that takes out smaller groups with a fun crew). I bet they would help you out as well, as I recall they only take 20 folks or so?

Good luck!
Old 07-10-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Alii Nui Maui - Snorkeling on Maui, Sailing on Maui, Maui Activities, Maui Sunset and Cocktail Cruises

Looks like fun!!!!!!......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 07-10-2009

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post

You can always go to Lahina Harbor and take the old Americas Cup boat Austrailia II for a ride.

Good luck,

Dave
Just looked it up. It is called America II or at least that is the name of the boat I can find in Maui. Thanks for the suggestion, i am definetly going to check it out.