Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Need HELP in Charleston, SC/Low Country
Ya'll might remember a thread some months ago started by a guy whose Pearson 36 got loose, drifted up a creek and sank? Well, I'm going to raise that boat this weekend, and I need some help. Here's a list of things I need to make it happen:
1) A boat, preferably 2 or 3. We may need to inflate tubes, bags, etc. on the fly, so I need to be able to carry items 2, 3 and 4. A skiff would be ideal. A power boat to help extract her from the shore might be needed.
2) A compressor - pressure is not the key, but volume and low weight are essential.
3) A generator, to power the compressor.
4) A pump. A very high volume pump, gas or electric.
5) Floatation bags, and/or truck and tractor inner tubes, anything that can be tied onto the boat and inflated to give lift. Got an old water bed mattress? I hear they are ideal.
6) A pressure washer (by the time we get to this point, victory is ours!)
7) A place to wash her down and tie off for the night. I don't know how far we'll get or how fast we'll be moving.
It's near Johns Island. High tide is 6 a.m., low at 1 p.m., high again at 8 p.m. Rescue starts at 8 a.m.
Burgers and beer for all who help (AFTER - we're going to be safe and sane about it), and a day you will NEVER forget. Come to think of it, I might need a gas grill.....