SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailboat data / excel spreadsheet

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nemier 
#1 ·
Hello at SailNet,
A few months back, someone uploaded an excel spreadsheet that listed a very wide range of sailboats and their associated data. I believe the spreadsheet included things like LOA, LWL, Beam, Displ, Draft, SA/D, D/L, Motion comfort, Hull speed, Capsize formula, Stability angles, etc...
Unfortunately, it'd disappeared from my laptop. If anyone has this doc, could they please email it to this list or PM me - thank you!!

#3 ·
A few months back, someone uploaded an excel spreadsheet that listed a very wide range of sailboats and their associated data. If anyone has this doc, could they please email it to this list or PM me - thank you!!
nemier,

It sounds like you may be looking for John Holtrop's (a CA yacht designer) fuzzy logic data sheet. Have a look at this URL and click on Fuzzy Logic for the path to download the Excel file.

Technical Articles

It looks as if 2002 was the latest update.

Wayne

#4 ·
WWilson, thank you for the link to the Saildata doc. Exactly what I was after.

Jjablonowski - great link to the Sail Calculator site. I made a donation almost right away, but I can't find a way to download the program from the site??
Perhaps I should have held onto that donation :(
Is there something silly I doing wrong?? (very possible), Could anyone let me know how to download V3.53? Look forward to hear from you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.