SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Brazilian visa and where to get them

767 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
Currently, i'm in Gibraltar after a Grenada>Azores>Gib crossing. great weather all the way and now we're on to Brazil. however, i've received conflicting info on visas for US citizens. every official source tells me that we need them. however, cruisers have let on that it is not necessary. we want to obtain them anyway. Dakar and Praia, Cape Verde have EMBASSIES that can provide the visas but the Canaries only have a consulate (in Las palmas de gran canaria). the brazilian embassy in madrid assures me (in mixed-broken spanish/english) that our visas can be accomodated in the canaries.

does anyone have experience with this particular problem, in this particular part of the world? the canaries lie directly in our path from Gib to Cape Verde (so, we're going to stop there anyway), but, if the canaries can provide visa and meet us, we will have some friends fly in and meet us there for vacation while we wait.

thanks for the info.
Jesse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.