Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009

MikeinLA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
That'd be chinese
Reason # 247 that I'm glad to be an American. I'm not smart enough to learn THAT.

Mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-03-2009

AndrewMac is on a distinguished road
Japanese, actually.
Old 01-10-2010
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
Did I see somewhere that Bob's new (and not yet wet) Shannon is already for sale too? Or maybe I read that you can you purchase a share of the new boat. Anybody else see this "news"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2010
Will work to sail. :-)

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Funny, I remember when I subscribed to L&A.

I distinctly remember the issue where Bob announced that he had sold Lost Sole (he got an offer that he couldn't refuse), and was now looking for a new boat. IN THAT SAME ISSUE there was a full page ad, presumably taken out by the new owner, announcing that Lost Soul was for sale.

In the next exciting issue, there was an article by Bob telling how he had met Walter Shultz, owner of the Shultz Boat Company (builder of Shannon Yachts), and that for a $1 deposit, Shannon was going to custom build a boat for Bob. This boat would enter the Shannon line as the Shannon 52 Global (MSRP $1,262,500). I wondered what the other considerations of the contract were (perhaps Bob's soul?), but not enough to renew my subscription. The full page ad for Lost Sole was in that issue too. That was well over a year ago...
Old 01-10-2010

Here it is... on Page 80 of the online version of L&A;
Quote:
Due to the slowdown in the economy, here is the chance to own a 25-50% share of this great vessel. The plan is for the boat to spend the first couple of seasons in the Caribbean and New England, and after the boat show circuit is completed, who knows? Retail value of the boat $1.5M 1/4 share $275K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems
Old 01-10-2010

mitiempo will become famous soon enough
See what happens when you don't renew your subscriptions.
Old 01-10-2010
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
After reading a few of Bob's yarns (The Sailing Life, Letters from the Lost Soul), I'm not sure I'd want 1/4 share of his boat.

Old 01-11-2010

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
I've met bob & jody a couple of times.
Not that I'm anything special, but something never did sit right. I'm not perfect, ask any one of my ex-wives, they'll tell you in no uncertain terms. I'm not jealous, whatever blows your skirt up, eh?

Look, when this whole lost soul refit came about, I smelt sumpin'.

I've been a vendor, I know cost structure and advertising rates and a lil about marketing.
I know that an A/C system, a set of sails, a boom,washer/dryer, what ever product you're pushin', even with a couple of techs to install said pieces parts is REAL cheap in exchange for a writeup in a mag and residual exposure.

Imagine my non surprise when less than a season after lost soul was completely done over the announcement that she was for sale was posted. Go figure.

I said then that this pair made conchyjoe look like a piker.

For that, I was told that I suffered from a rectal/cranial insertion, that I had no idea what i was talking about, and that I should really go listen to the jimmy buffett wannabe guy they have a lovefest with.
whatever.

Moving on, again, it was no surprise that they were gonna build a custom shannon-like tub and cruise the world.
hey, it was all bob&jodys, no mistake about that.
gimme a friggin' break.
Now its nothing more than a timeshare. toldya.
if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

no, I don't wonder why I don't hang around anymore.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs

Last edited by cardiacpaul; 01-11-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-11-2010
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Before we rake Bob across the Internet, there are a few reasons for the latest news. Jodi has a serious illness for which she is recovering from. I believe the "C" word is involved. Like a great husband, Bob stood by Jodi's side. As we all know, any type of medical care is exorbitantly expensive. Not sure if Bob health insurance covered most of the expenses. I doubt it. With her health in jeopardy, the new Shannon was put on hold. Jodi health came first. From what I last heard she is recovering but not well enough for the sailing that they want to do. Tying up a million dollar boat to a dock is not what this boat was built to do. The concept of a timeshare in a boat is not new. I think Bob is trying to recover some of the expenses of this yatch while at the same time, preserve some time on it when they can. I cannot blame the guy.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 01-11-2010

Sorry, I don't want to come across as kicking Bob, especially when he and Jodi may be down. I did, however, find it "fishy" that he announced the sale of the boat in the mag, and an ad for the boat for sale was in the same issue.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/56735-lost-soul.html
Posted By For Type Date
Lost Soul - SailNet Community This thread Refback 08-02-2009 08:37 PM