SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Is it just me? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/56823-just-me.html)

sww914 08-05-2009 03:25 AM

Is it just me?

I've been trying to navigate the Latts & Atts online edition and I am surprised to admit that I can't do it. After a few minutes I realized that rather than feeling relaxed and interested, I was annoyed and tense and worried that I would accidentally click on the wrong part of the page and end up in the macerator again.
Am I really this inept? Even with no beers on board?

painkiller 08-05-2009 08:17 AM

The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude, sww914. :D

hellosailor 08-10-2009 04:56 PM

Everyone keeps thinking they can reinvent something better than PDF but the reality is...PDF is pretty damn good. There should be a button someplace to let you dl the entire issue as a PDF file, and then you can use any of your familiar PDF readers and tools to look at it.

wind_magic 08-11-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellosailor (Post 512658)
Everyone keeps thinking they can reinvent something better than PDF but the reality is...PDF is pretty damn good. There should be a button someplace to let you dl the entire issue as a PDF file, and then you can use any of your familiar PDF readers and tools to look at it.

Not to mention easy to print ...

labatt 08-12-2009 05:01 PM

You can actually disable printing on PDF's when they are first generated to prevent people from downloading and printing. Kind of a handy feature for copyrighted material.

Schuyler 09-09-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painkiller (Post 511322)
The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude, sww914. :D

Best quote ever.

RealityCheck 09-09-2009 12:12 PM

I go full page with the on-line edition and use the top commands or just the drag and drop which seem to work very well. Heck I love it but still buy the hard copy when I have a chance to. Still like the paper versions when I can get them.

You do need a good wifi connection and when on the boat they are often a problem.

VetMike 06-13-2011 06:06 PM

The real problem is the web master. A poorly designed or executed web site is darned difficult to navigate. It is a pity as I really enjoy Lats and Atts.
ps This problem is not the exclusive property of L&A, many web sites are painful to use.

dreamer51 04-25-2012 08:12 PM

Re: Is it just me?

I was there before I came here. It's not you, it's the site. I bought a Lat & Att tee shirt a few years back at the St. Pete sailboat show. Their booth was manned by attractive women.

Aussie Bill 05-10-2013 04:30 AM

Re: Is it just me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schuyler (Post 520949)
Best quote ever.

I agree 100%