Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Members getting along

Guys,

This is Sailnet. We try to let this be a place that is a balance between chaos and moderation. We allow threads like the gun threads and others that are sure to draw frustrations to all sides. They are heated conversations and those which many feel strongly about. Tempers rise. Lines are crossed.

It is not the thread that is the problem. It is a matter of self control. I am as guilty of losing my self control as anyone. Lord... try bringing up Cuba!!! As such, I have learned that sometimes I just have to look away. I have to try and avoid some thread where I will not be able to hold my temper or respond in a manner that will not make others angry.

What I have found is that in many instances, people get infuriated in a thread and they just cannot let it go. Sometimes they get banned because of that thread. Sometimes they take the fight somewhere else. But in the end, one party or both can't just shake hands and get along. In some instances, these frustrations go on for weeks, months, or permanently toward the other member you had words with. That is when it really becomes an issue for us as moderators. If you cannot ever let go what happened, then put the person on ignore. IGNORE... it is that easy. That pretty much insures you will not get banned. If the other person cannot act in kind, then we will take care of them

I am not going to sit here and tell everyone to always be happy. We are all adults. What I will ask you to do is act like adults. If you have an issue with something someone said and it crosses the line, then let a Moderator know. This is not taddling. This is not your inability to take up for yourself or win the argument. THis is not your being right or wrong. THese are the rules here and they are in place because we all have to get along!! When you go off half-cocked, you cause us (mods) to have to start doing things we do not like to do: like ban people.

Treat each other like adults and let's all get along. This is sailnet. It is as close to sailing as we are going to get on the computer or the office. It should be a fun place to be and one where we can all learn from each other and get along. Remember, we are all friends here.

Brian and all the Mods.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2009

NautiG is on a distinguished road
I'm leaving on my flicka next week to circumnavigate. I'll be partner boating with a guy on a homemade trimaran called "The Tin can". I have no sailing experience, but my dad told me I would be ok. I've sold my house and am bringing my two dogs with me. I'm also packing plenty of heat, cause there arrgh pirates out there. I've got a solarstik up my a$$. I've heard they are the best. And my Rocna really rocks.

I'm also looking for a sweet young lady to accompany me on the trip. The boat is a little old and so am I, but your young and perky self would make the difference.

Have I missed anything?

Sailnet, not just good advice. Quality entertainment too!

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision

Last edited by NautiG; 08-08-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2009

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiG View Post
I'm leaving on my flicka next week to circumnavigate. I'll be partner boating with a guy on a homemade trimaran called "The Tin can". I have no sailing experience, but my dad told me I would be ok. I've sold my house and am bringing my two dogs with me. I'm also packing plenty of heat, cause there arrgh pirates out there. I've got a solarstik up my a$$. I've heard they are the best. And my Rocna really rocks.

I'm also looking for a sweet young lady to accompany me on the trip. The boat is a little old and so am I, but your young and perky self would make the difference.

Have I missed anything? Sailnet is the best.

Scott
Gemini Catamaran Split Decision
As long as your wiring is crimped and not soldered, you should be fine.
Old 08-07-2009

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Have I missed anything?
Yes you did, is this guy on Tin Can a Repulican vs a Democrate or just a run of the mill a$$ full of crap ? These are important things that must been known before you go or you won't get a engraved Darwin ward

Freedom comes when you’re ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you don’t have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Old 08-08-2009

I have all the conveniences of home on my boat, including a microwave, coffee maker, clothes and dishwashers. I run them all off my inverter.

We'll be stopping in Cuba to visit my boy Castro, and at the C&C/Tartan factory to get some tips on quality boat construction. Still, we'll make the trip in record time because my catamaran is soooo much faster than your lead mine monohull.
Old 08-08-2009
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
In the interest of the furtherance of adult behavior I'd just like to say; Bite Me, CD!
Old 08-08-2009

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
Don't forget the two-litre pop bottles for emergency flotation and the fan at the bow to make the cat go faster!
Old 08-08-2009

Well, I said we were leaving next week, but there are a few delays. Tin Can Man is taking a Welding for Dummies class in order to learn how to fix his amas.

In the meantime, I'm going to anchor my boat while I leave to take care of preparations on land. I can't afford a marina or mooring while I'm away. You don't think anyone will steal my bimini, or that the boat will drag and end up sunk in 8 feet of mud, do you?
Old 08-08-2009
..........huh?..

Izzy1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Have I missed anything?
It might be best if you mention that you don't actually own a boat yet and ask someone to donate their boat to you because you've fallen on hard times.

I'm not sure what Dickens are, but I think they may be important and I sure as hell don't want them scared out of me.......Izzy
Old 08-09-2009

Undine is on a distinguished road
Thank you CD, :-)