SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Shipping boat from SC to TX

871 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  canucksailorguy 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
You might try calling Cedar Mills Marina up on Lake Texoma 903-523-4222
- that's where they build Valiant Yachts -they should know all the shippers and you might get lucky with one of their truckers bringing a Valiant up your way and needing a haul back down or coming down here to get one.

#3 ·
sorry to hear about your mom, I've been there with mine. God bless you both.
Try U-SHIP.com - it's like an ebay, but in reverse, and deals with shipping....you might be able to find a boathauler who works with them.
Another thought - doesn't Beneteau manufacture in your area? Contact them, see what they can do.
You might try also seeing if someone will deliver her on her bottom - it's not a bad trip, ICW pretty much all of the way. If I were closer and not ready to take my own boat south for the winter, I'd offer to bring her around to Tampa Bay for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.